Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

I am driving a new car that has controls for the accelerator and brake on the steering wheel. I posted my comments here as I had a touch of the old road rage a lot of us experience from time to time. ( This topic is called drivers so bad that they provoke road rage ) I was angry as I have the right to drive at a reasonable speed which I think was causing the problem. I was driving at 45-50 mph. I didn't mean for my post to be seen as having a moan and I have considered phoning the company to complain as I was kinda freaked oot by it so if that makes me sound pathetic so what.

If it’s a mobility car hellsbells you don’t get winter tyres on them you have to replace them all you self

And if the car is say your partners car? then “a new car that has controls for the accelerator and brake on the steering wheel†takes a bit getting used to. And if it is your car. And it’s the first one you have had, it will be a few weeks or more before you start using the controls instinctively. So phone and tell the owners of the van what went down, give them the van number if you got it

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to completely agree with the sentiments of hellsbells and others above and would also (and have) phone a company or organisation if there were works vehicles being driven in a manner that antagonises or endangers others. However, if you all prefer we could start doing it innocently on here!

I'll start the ball rolling shall I? Malakoff vans, both red and white (Reg No's can be provided if we are going to do this properly). There are 2 in particular (and yes I can ID the drivers, but not always the same ones). Both in LK and Scalloway these guys are an accident waiting to happen, watch this space.

the red one was fair movin considering it was snow , by the end of the house, said to hoosn it was a bl**dy good job the peerie dug was no oot. No way it would have stopped. To go further i will name cape vans as incredibly ignorant at knock off time, flaming menace

Para Handy the car is mine and as you said it does take a bit of getting used to. It can be used with feet control as well. It was the first time I'd gone any distance myself. I was freaked oot by the thoughtlessness of the van driver and I only got the name of the company. Whilst I've been getting ferried aroond the place and been the passenger I've seen a few close encounters with the " white van men or ladies " I used to think it was buses and taxis that were the cutting up/ I own the road culprits but my thoughts have changed.

your quite right hellsbells, mainland Shetland is no that long that you need to be in such a hurry as to terrorise anybody on the road, no need for it at all. Just today a dark grey citroen people carrier thing overtook Hoosn (wi her L plates on) far too close to a blind corner , returning to thier own side well into the blind zone, we were doing 50, ample for a learner

I too seen a learner driver being overtaken and I was on the opposite side and my heart was in my mouth as the car coming towards me could easily have hit me. Some drivers have absolutely no consideration for others especially learners. They were all born with their licenses I suppose.

personally i think the worst drivers are the ones who drive at 40 mph on the main road, by all means dilly and dally just dont do it in my time.

if you drove at 40 in your test you would fail.

fail as much as you would bein hasty and dangerous , i would hope. Your time is worth taking a life ??

personally i think the worst drivers are the ones who drive at 40 mph on the main road, by all means dilly and dally just dont do it in my time.

That's only to show you're confident and able to drive at a higher speed. Remember that the speed limit is the maximum for tha stretch of road. There may be a very good reason why some one is driving slower than you think they should be, and may be you'll find out what it is one time you scream past'em.

Yeh being stuck behind some one who seems to be driving un-necessarily slow can be a pain but they aren't in the wrong you are if you drive agressively behind them :roll:

Enjoy the scenery that's wht it's there for :lol:

i do actually have quite a lot to say about impetuos driving , its let me down more as once and now am suffering from arthritis as a direct consequence of crashing. Think on road hoggs, its bad enough collecting your own injuries , but dishing them out on the public will hardly do either. It is very seldom anybody travels at low speed on main roads, rare enough in fact to make no odds at all to the "right witted". These days there are quite a few cyclists , so what do you make o them then? 10mph? run them ower? :cry:

Absoloutely agree - I really hate geting stuck behind drivers like you doing 40mph in the 20mph zone.

Absoloutely agree - I really hate geting stuck behind drivers like you doing 40mph in the 20mph zone.

Err, doesn't that eman that YOU are also doing 40 in a 20mph zone - and in fact are wanting to overtake??

Err, doesn't that eman that YOU are also doing 40 in a 20mph zone - and in fact are wanting to overtake??

Yep that's correct - but then in turningright's case I guess irony is wasted on the stupid

lets hope the rozzers are no readin this, should imagine they would be out on patrol if they pick up on whats bein said here. Kamakase (or however its spelled) drivers wishing to overtake everything , wow