Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

It would be helpful if drivers would park responsibly at the rear of the Clickamin centre & not restrict the entrance to the Bus & Disabled drop of point.

A grey Berlingo SV06GGA has been there most of the day & has been restricting access

Not good Buses having to drop of kids in the middle of the car park !

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be helpful if drivers would park responsibly at the rear of the Clickamin centre & not restrict the entrance to the Bus & Disabled drop of point.

A grey Berlingo SV06GGA has been there most of the day & has been restricting access

Rather than posting someones registration on Shetlink, have you been into the Centre to complain? They may be able to sort it out for you?!

Does Shetland have a traffic warden? or should we start a name and shame thread?

Roundabouts are source of constant frustration to me. I sit there, looking at the vehicle to my right, which has right of way, and almost invariably the driver sits there, glaikit and ignorant of the fact that they should pull out. 30-40 seconds of such Mexican stand-off material is enough. I say, "what the hell!" and pull out. But I always do so carefully, because I can guarantee, 9 times out of 10, as I pull out, the other driver does too!!

It's either this, or if I have right of way and am negotiating the roundabout, some eejit streaks on from the access in front of me, never even glancing my way!

These two examples happen at least weekly, often daily. The standard of driving really is appalling, on the whole.

And as for those who... can't.. gnnnh!... reach... second..gasp!... gear!! As they roll along at 10 - 15mph, it makes me wish I had rocket launchers fitted! :evil:

Yep, I saw the berlingo too and blooming dangerous it was! I saw a school bus trying to negociate passing it. Also, the disabled spaces (as everywhere else in Lerwick) are regularly abused. I don't think we have a traffic warden and the police do ******* all as far as I can see. Also, why can't individual establishments such as Tesco, Clickimin etc., regulate their own disabled spaces?/

Yep, I saw the berlingo too and blooming dangerous it was! I saw a school bus trying to negociate passing it. Also, the disabled spaces (as everywhere else in Lerwick) are regularly abused. I don't think we have a traffic warden and the police do ******* all as far as I can see. Also, why can't individual establishments such as Tesco, Clickimin etc., regulate their own disabled spaces?/

Likewise did you go into the Clickimin and complain?

i do hundreds of miles on shetland roads each week..... a huge que of traffic and your guarenteed its a berlingo ...... so i have officialy decided anyone that owns a berlingo is a W****R haha.

OAP drivers are quite dangerous around town clipping cars and just driving off! 40mph is the fastest they will drive outside town.... i know they have a right to drive on the road but if there not confidient driving at the speed limit i would think the bus might be a better idea.

lerwick police.. brilliant job the other night there. following me as i followed a car driven by an OAP through town. they did not brake 20mph... next thing i know blue lights. i pulled over safley and they passed me. they then followed this car for a further 300 or so meters blue lights and sirens before they pulled over. HI-5 that police man as it was obviously annoying him just as much as me.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it not actually illegal to drive around with fog lights on when theres no fog?

I'm pretty sure it is.

How about behaviour at roundabouts? It never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to have no idea what to do. They just sit there and wait till every car in sight has gone before they dare drive onto it!!

Sometimes works for you if you nip on when you should have been giving way to them (and yes, I know I shouldnt, but sometimes think i'd sit there all day if I waited), but pretty annoying if your stuck behind them.

I call it the Shetland Stand-off! Usually found when three old dears (but not always!) meet on a roundabout.

i do hundreds of miles on shetland roads each week..... a huge que of traffic and your guarenteed its a berlingo ...... so i have officialy decided anyone that owns a berlingo is a W****R haha.

And you're so special because you drive an Audi ! You cheeky little toe rag !

How dare you slate other drivers because of the car they drive !

Wash your mouth out ! Or I would love to do it for you...........

I was heading back from lerwick this afternoon and there was a black VW Polo (pretty new) that was doing 40 round the peeriest bend or hill then speeding up to 60 on the straights. You could feel the frustration from the line of cars behind it (I was about number 4).

When it was finally safe to pass it was not to my surprise an old couple but a young man/woman (wasn't that obvious!).

If they want to drive at 40 fine, but they should stay at that speed on the straights so other cars can pass them easily, or better yet, pull over and let the queue of 10+ cars past!

And you're so special because you drive an Audi ! You cheeky little toe rag !

How dare you slate other drivers because of the car they drive !

Wash your mouth out ! Or I would love to do it for you...........

:lol: :lol:

I was heading back from lerwick this afternoon and there was a black VW Polo (pretty new) that was doing 40 round the peeriest bend or hill then speeding up to 60 on the straights. You could feel the frustration from the line of cars behind it (I was about number 4).

When it was finally safe to pass it was not to my surprise an old couple but a young man/woman (wasn't that obvious!).

If they want to drive at 40 fine, but they should stay at that speed on the straights so other cars can pass them easily, or better yet, pull over and let the queue of 10+ cars past!

Perhaps it was a newly passed driver