Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

How many people out there hate drivers who leave their fog lights on all the time?

At this time of year with the freezing temperatures and all the salt on the roads mucking up your windscreen its difficult enough to see at night with two lights coming towards you never mind four!

Also driving behind someone who has left their rear fog lights on - how annoying!

Just to finish off my driving rant - how annoying is it when you are driving to work in the morning along a single track road and the person before you is going at 20Mph and is not even aware that there is a car behind them - never mind having the courtesey to pull over and let you past. AAARGH!!!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not actually illegal to drive around with fog lights on when theres no fog?

It is an offence, and i absolutely hate it too!

Just to finish off my driving rant - how annoying is it when you are driving to work in the morning along a single track road and the person before you is going at 20Mph and is not even aware that there is a car behind them - never mind having the courtesey to pull over and let you past. AAARGH!!!

There's a whole dandy of a thread about this already lumpsucker.

Clich here

Oh look you posted there........about horses :roll: :?

Is it not actually illegal to drive around with fog lights on when theres no fog?

I'm pretty sure it is.

How about behaviour at roundabouts? It never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to have no idea what to do. They just sit there and wait till every car in sight has gone before they dare drive onto it!!

Sometimes works for you if you nip on when you should have been giving way to them (and yes, I know I shouldnt, but sometimes think i'd sit there all day if I waited), but pretty annoying if your stuck behind them.

Guest perrie-lipper

Unfortunately these other drivers have passed there driving test....unless of course they display an L plate (there may still be hope ahead). The best advice ever given to me was treat every other driver as an IDIOT and you should be ok.

Just been out tonight and found another annoying habit. People (mainly taxi drivers) parked on the wrong side of the road with theyre headlights blinding oncoming traffic!!

While we're on advice, I always remember my sister telling me just after i'd passed my test "remember it's only now that you start to learn to drive"

Sorry about blinding anyone when I was taxi driving......always meant to switch the headlights off. Parking on the wrong side of the road was probably to stop "people with drink taken" crossing the road. Or on a windy day stopping the car with the nose into the wind helped to keep the doors intact.

cant remember whoit was.. but i remember someoen mentioning how instead fo airbags.. every steering wheel should come fitted with a huge sharp point that will peirce through skulls.. that would slow everyoen down im sure. :twisted:

Tail-gaters: I hate em.

See when someone is saving fuel by parking their bonnet up your exhaust at 60mph?

My top tip. If you have a reasonably nippy car. Wait until you are on a nice straight uneventful bit of road, downshift a gear for some ready to use torque, then gently put your clutch foot on the brake pedal, just enough to make the brake lights suddenly come on, then floor it on the throttle. Leaving them half a mile behind you dazed and confused, afetr thinking they wee about to tail-end you when instead you disappeared in a cloud of dust.

Idiots. :wink:

oh, that's another one for fine days, ease off onto the edge of the hard shoulder, covering them with dust and stone chips

heh heh heh :twisted:

• 2 years later...

(*** Mod - Merged from 'If it's foggy, misty or low cloudy, put on the effing lights' ***)

Statement in the title really.

Why oh why, do folk drive grey cars on grey roads, surrounded by grey mist/fog/cloud with no lights? Have they got super powers I don't know about? Are they immortal or just ignorant of the basic law of the road - be seen!

I am fed up. On the way to Lerwick to do my messages every other car was virtually invisible by driver choice.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/Frances144/thcatfight.gif

To those drivers - "YOU ARE ALL BLOODY STUPID IDIOTS".