Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enmergified.

Saw loads of people today without their lights on. There's a word for people who do this... dumbasses.

Even worse are the ones who drive right up behind, with no lights, in the fog and rain. The word for these people is... well... let's just say that the swearfilter will catch it.

Guest posiedon

If the car manufacturers can make it so your wipers come on automatically in the rain, surely they could make it so your dipped headlights come on in poor visibility?

Not that they should need to mind you! Its as if some drivers think they have to put money in the meter to run the car lights :? There is no excuse for driving in poor visibility without lights, and I would like to see more drivers prosecuted for it.

To the pillock in the 4X4 that nearly wiped me out in this mornings heavy rain, fog and extremely poor visibility.

You are a MORON !

I am sure that there really was no need for you to overtake that lorry on that bend in the dreadful weather conditions that we had to endure this morning. I am also very sure your boss would have understood why you might be a tad late.

Best hand in your drivers licence before I get your number and report you!

If the car manufacturers can make it so your wipers come on automatically in the rain, surely they could make it so your dipped headlights come on in poor visibility?

Not that they should need to mind you! Its as if some drivers think they have to put money in the meter to run the car lights :? There is no excuse for driving in poor visibility without lights, and I would like to see more drivers prosecuted for it.

Some of the higher spec cars do have automatic lights. I think there is a new law coming in Europe wide in the next year or to so that cars have to be manufactured with daytime running lamps, like many Volvos and Saabs have already.

i must admit that i drive with my sidelights on all the time, well i suppose they arent standard and iv always thought that there is something spooky about four bright rings of light coming towards you :lol: :lol: 8) im sure there was something in the paper from the police about driving with dipped headlights in poor visability, was probably a long time ago.

Rear Fog Light Cure

Follow them with your main beam on

haha i do that with folk that have front fog lights on aswell perfectly clear and they have there fog lights on :x they get a taste of my full beam and see how they like it tw@ts :roll:

Its as if some drivers think they have to put money in the meter to run the car lights :?

You do. Running on dip beam is loading down your battery and alternator, shortening the life of both. Granted its only by a very small percentage, but it makes a psychological difference that discourages some folk from "wanting" to use lights until they really must.

Add to that the large number of folk you see, having driven with lights on in daylight foggy conditions who, when they leave their vehicle completely forget to switch the lights off again, and come back to a dead battery. That doesn't help their enthusiasm to "switch on" next time either. There's also many people who suffer from the same amnesia in reverse, and "think" they has put their lights on in fog, but the penny only drops that they haven't, after a few oncoming vehicles have flashed lights at them and sent a few imaginative, and probably highly unflattering hand gestures their way.

Guest posiedon
Ghostrider

Add to that the large number of folk you see, having driven with lights on in daylight foggy conditions who, when they leave their vehicle completely forget to switch the lights off again, and come back to a dead battery.

But don't all modern cars ""beep"" at you if you try to get out, and leave the light on?

^ No.

i must admit that i drive with my sidelights on all the time, well i suppose they arent standard and iv always thought that there is something spooky about four bright rings of light coming towards you

It's like being followed by the freakin' Mysterons.

I love/hate them

:wink: