Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

Yep, I already said they exist. Much like Men In Black an' the Hollow Earth.

But there has te be the sign placed by the perticklier roadside, it's no automatic te every motorway. Same as yer 20 limit in a perticklier built up area wit' problems. Council or authority identifies, acts an' puts up the signs.

D'yez get me now?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The selfishness of drivers, expecting everyone to get out of their way because they have money to burn. I like the way they have turned against the slower driver here, as it must be all their fault. Forcing someone to do something they do not want to do is not the way to improve road safety.

I'm a bit confused here peat, who's forcing someone to do something they don't want to? How can asking road users to drive to the standards required to pass your driving test be described as " forcing someone to do something they do not want to do"

Just to stop "slow bashing" for a minute - what about those cars that pull out of the west side junction at Tingwall when you're coming down the hill forcing you to brake? Half of the time they then turn off at the crossroads.

That really gets me fizzing!

Or the cars that insist on overtaking at the long straight just before tingwall (why do so many folk think they have to drive at 70 there?) then you end up having to slow down for them on the hill up to the golf course.

I think some people just canna bear to be behind someone else, even if they're doing 60.

Grrrrrrr...

i do hundreds of miles on shetland roads each week..... a huge que of traffic and your guarenteed its a berlingo ...... so i have officialy decided anyone that owns a berlingo is a W****R haha.

And you're so special because you drive an Audi ! You cheeky little toe rag !

How dare you slate other drivers because of the car they drive !

Wash your mouth out ! Or I would love to do it for you...........

wee got a biiteerrr

The drivers that work at the north ness and are late for getting to their work so the go tearing past the Mareel site while we're trying to manoeuvre plant and machinery about the place! Yes I know we don't have a devine right to take over the public road and use it as our own but can the few who can't make their work for start time just slow down slightly and accept that they are late and driving at a reckless speed ain't gonna fix it! :P

I thought I'd seen it all in Shetland until... I was traveling north between Levenwick and Sandwick and someone overtook me on the inside of the Bigton bend :shock:

Wonder if it's the same person that almost crashed into me when they overtook someone on the bend after Levenwick the other week. They seemed totally oblivious to what they'd done wrong even though they missed my car by no more than a couple of feet!!!!! :evil:

Drivers who come onto the Gremista roundabout without indicating which way they are going or who straddle both lanes of Lerwick's roundabouts without indicating which way they are going :evil: .

Both instances are infuriating and leave you sitting there like a lemon......

Question to culprits. Are you gormless, selfish or or just pig ignorant?.

Guest Anonymous
I thought I'd seen it all in Shetland until...

You've obviously not seen much then my friend... I've been guilty of overtaking on the Brig o fitch bend in the past. Though, in my defence, I'll add that I knew before it happened that the other wagon was not only a pup but it had a good 8 tonne over mine.

We were both driving well (WELL) below the speed limit, we both had running lights on, both drivers were medically assessed as to their fitness to drive and had both obtained three separate pass certificates to drive... But a red Audi sat on my bumper (blind and in the oncoming lane) desperate to assert his supremacy, flashed his lights till he got past then disappeared, doing at least 80!..

If I thought that anyone would listen to my advice on this thread it would be; Shut up, Chill out and drive patiently (unless you own an audi then I'd say.. don't drive at-all!)

I thought I'd seen it all in Shetland until... I was traveling north between Levenwick and Sandwick and someone overtook me on the inside of the Bigton bend :shock:

One would then assume that you were on the wrong side of the road if they overtook on the "inside"

Why

One would then assume that you were on the wrong side of the road if they overtook on the "inside"

Why

hes traveling north the bend at the bigton junction would be to the right so the"inside" is the wrong side of the road :roll: :roll:

Why

hes traveling north the bend at the bigton junction would be to the right so the"inside" is the wrong side of the road :roll: :roll:

He's correct stigli! He means the inside of the bend.

Drivers who don't ensure their indicator is turned off (is their music in the car so loud that they can't hear it staying on?). Three times this past week I have nearly had an accident because of this - twice on the same five-minute journey. On two of the occasions it had been a long stretch since the last junction so their indicators must have been going for a while.

I know you should never fully trust an indicator signal, but if you didn't you'd be sat at a junction all day waiting to see which way the traffic is going.

Flashing indicator is a sure sign that the bulb works.......and that is all. May be an indication that the driver intends to turn eventually. May not. Best thing ever happened to me was to spend years driving a vehicle where the self cancelling device on the indicator stalk was broken. Very quickly got into the habit of cancelling signals manually and that extended to any other vehicle I drove.