Fort William v Shetland challenge cup

penfold

Just to clarify the scorers...

James Johnston - Penalty

Joe Leask (I think)

Alan Duncan

Leighton Flaws

Alan Duncan

Very confident performance from Shetland. But, taking nothing away from an excellent performance from Shetland, Fort William were terrible. They could barely string 2 passes together, their defence and keeper seemed to be at each others throats from the first minute. I don't know what their game plan was, but 4 times in the first half they tried shots from just inside the Shetland half, and each shot missed by a good 20-30 feet wide.

Craig Dinwoodie was only really troubled once, and that was when he managed to give away an indirect free kick after accidently bouncing the ball off his foot and picking it up again.

Karl Williamson, James Johnston and Alan Duncan were outstanding I thought. So many times Karl was breaking up the play and the three of them would comfortably pass it between them rather than leather it upfield in a "punt and hope" style.

Very impressed with Ross Moncrieff on the left, and Leighton Flaws was a constant pain for Fort William up the right.

Very comfortable win overall. Shetland could have easily scored 7 or 8 in the second half alone but for a couple of good saves from the Fort William keeper, and a little bit of showboating/playground style football at 5-0 which is ok at that point.

I'm told the Ross County match is 2 weeks today, can anyone confirm this? Forget professional football, this stuff is what really matters!

I'm told the Ross County match is 2 weeks today, can anyone confirm this? Forget professional football, this stuff is what really matters!

Shetland have got Cove Rangers at Allan Park on the 23rd which is good as its only 10 mins from my flat as opposed to the 4 1/2 hours I drove to ruddy Fort William today :lol: I swear to god if the Tories propose helicopter gunships destroying caravanners with more than 3 cars behind them I'd vote for them.

You're right I've never seen such a poorly disciplined side in a long while, they were at each others throats, in the second half the keeper was getting threated by one of the centre backs.

I particularly loved Leighton Flaws wandering off as their no 2 was yelling "ho big man go away apologise" after one of their defenders theatrically threw himself to the ground. Fort William were really poor and Shetland showed them for how poor they are. I heard the yank who is sponsoring them being interviewed after the game saying he enjoyed the game :lol: