for sale suggestion

Over the last couple of months I've noticed the for sale section getting more and more posts which is excellent!!

However it now means that my posts skip down the page quite quickly.

Would it be possible to seperate the classifieds, making it into sections like furniture, wanteds, vahicles, misc, etc.

I think this would make things easier to find for people as well as keeping new adverts at the top for a while longer.

Thanks

Not deaf ears; just busy ones. All suggestions are appreciated.

It's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure the present volume warrants the effort involved. An advert doesn't need to be at the top of the page to be spotted, and indeed separate sections might reduce visibility and complicate the layout. It's all worth considering, however, and you never know what might happen in the future. ;)

Splitting it in two so that there was a selling section and a wanted section would be a great help.

All too often you notice a heading for something you might buy, and you're just about to open it, when you double take of the full title and catch the word 'Wanted' at the beginning, and go....Oh! D........arn it!

Yup, I know there are only so many hours in the day, and the day job comes first....at the stage its at it would probably be as helpful to visibility if some of us refrained from posting wise-ass comments on some of the listings now and then, knocking the rest down the board :oops: ........but where's the fun in that. :wink:

The Buying and Selling forum has proven to be quite popular but I personally don't think it is successful enough to warrant splitting into separate sections just yet.

Unfortunately there is a tendency to 'bump' posts unnecessarily. This could be cut down on.

Now that this thread has been brought to everyones attention, it may be worth pointing out that there is a 'Sticky' topic at the top of the Buy, Sell & Recycle section. It is called, Buy, Sell & Recycle - Read before posting. Most people seem to have bypassed this important post, before posting.

The guidelines are there to make it easier to read for everybody and not just us grumpy old Moderators.

There is definetely a problem with bumped posts in the For sale/wanted section on this site.

I had a bit of a moan about this subject a few months ago and nobody seemed too concerned about it, but i did notice that the people who seemed to take offence at my comments had recently bumped their own posts/adverts in that section. :shock: