Word of the day

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew two of them.

A polyglot being "Mr Herning" himself .. as in someone that can speak a shedload of languages!

And Tantalus was the son of Zeus ... which I actually googled on just to make sure and ended up finding out more stuff that I didn't!! Funny that!

In Greek mythology Tantalus (Greek Τάνταλος) was a son of Zeus and the nymph Plouto ("riches"), not to be confused with the god of the underworld.

Check it all out here

The other .. well there we go ... had to check that one from the beginning! :oops:

A neologism is a word, term, or phrase which has been recently created ("coined") — often to apply to new concepts, or to reshape older terms in newer language form. Neologisms are especially useful in identifying inventions, new phenomena, or old ideas which have taken on a new cultural context.

Ya big lazy geeit!

sir, what you need is some kind of tantalus. (if you can get one that does socks, old cans of beans, mouldy coffee cups and general clutter you'll be sorted)

not sure about the wisdom of putting a lock on it though, could be problematic trying to retrieve your prize wobble juice if you're already half munted.