Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

Incomers who move here constantly moaning, and find the way we run our affairs.... "quite frankly, astounding" :!:

If our current councillors are anything to go by.

" “moaning, and find the way we run our affairs� smaadrink"

You should not be so smug about those who are born here

Our council could not even not pee down hill after a Up Helly Aa night.

They say you can pick your friends but not your relations.

Well you can pick your fellow country men but not where they were born..

• 3 weeks later...

People who drive at 60 despite there being no police about!

People who say "going forward".

Arty farty folk who have to get juxtaposition into every sentence.

The dross you that you read next to art works that tell you what the artist was inspired by. It always rhymes with swollocks.

People who give their houses names. I am going to pick a random number and call it that.

Personalised registration plates. You can get your name changed by deed poll to your registration number cheaper than you can get a convincing personalised plate on your car.

In reply to the post about incomers. I am one but I couldnt agree more. Research before moving here, properly. People who come in finding fault and airing thier views openly have to understand how insulting that it? and who likes to feel as if they are being looked down on? a little bit of humble goes a long way.

Of course there are issues that need addressing in all communities but tact ,discretion and a certain amount of savoir faire can usually prevent ruffled feathers.

Reminds me of that Plup track " cuz everybody hates a tourist...especially one who thinks its all such a laugh "