Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

Arrrrggggghhhhh another amercanism - period. It's FULL STOP - in this context anyway.

¸.. •*¨`*•.. ¸

Oh and some thing else - :arrow: /

a / is a stroke not a forward slash.

\ = backslash

/ = stroke

I'm guilty of it too though. :oops:

¸.. •*¨`*•.. ¸

oh and one more teensy edit...

I mourn the lost of the way we USED to write dates

1.8.11 or 1/8/11

now everything is done just because otherwise a computer somewhere says no! You have to put in 01/08/2011.

Booooo

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone has put this yet (its late and I am being a lazy so-and-so in not trawling through 44 pages of posts on this thread) but what peeves me is folk who know each other "bumping into each other" in the supermarket and then starting an epic conversation. Like er, hello - folk who are here want to get their shopping done and can't get past you??? :x

Guest posiedon
Dunno if anyone has put this yet (its late and I am being a lazy so-and-so in not trawling through 44 pages of posts on this thread) but what peeves me is folk who know each other "bumping into each other" in the supermarket and then starting an epic conversation. Like er, hello - folk who are here want to get their shopping done and can't get past you??? :x
I think you'll need to revue your attitude when you move to Shetland, :wink:

Folk here stop their cars on opposite sides of the road, wind down the windows and have a crack, regardless of how many vehicles are stacked up behind them. :D

With you 100% here. I think I'm normally a pretty tolerant fellow, but something happens to me in shops. I just have to be "in - grab what I went in for - out" in as little time as is possble. If its not there, tough.

Supermarkets are even worse. It's not unknown for me to abandon a shop altogether because of people jamming it all up yapping or staring at the shelves blankly..

/rant