Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

Co-op pre-packed salad.

For the last two weeks the red leaves have been slimey and brown. I didn't notice until I had put one in my mouth the first time.

I don't have a phone so I asked the girlfriend to ring them after the first incident. The next morning she rang and no-one answered so I asked her to pop into the store. She did that and lost the will to live in the queue to speak to a grown-up.

Yet again this week, brown slimey salad, even though I closely inspected the bag. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Co-op pre-packed salad.

For the last two weeks the red leaves have been slimey and brown. I didn't notice until I had put one in my mouth the first time.

I don't have a phone so I asked the girlfriend to ring them after the first incident. The next morning she rang and no-one answered so I asked her to pop into the store. She did that and lost the will to live in the queue to speak to a grown-up.

Yet again this week, brown slimey salad, even though I closely inspected the bag. :evil: :evil: :evil:

very nice girlfriend you have there.

i'l put snoring into room 101, its alright if your the one doing it, at least you are asleep, but for those who have to hear it, not good, not good.

i'l put snoring into room 101, its alright if your the one doing it, at least you are asleep, but for those who have to hear it, not good, not good.

Have his electric guitar plugged into his huge amp and give it a blast when he offends. That'll stop 'im. :twisted: ;)

Have his electric guitar plugged into his huge amp and give it a blast when he offends. That'll stop 'im. :twisted: ;)

hehe, luckily it wasna him, just some fella sleeping on another patch of floor nearby. ah the joys of a 14 1/2 hour boat. 8O

• 4 weeks later...
People who say "hello to everyone who knows me" after losing a quiz on the radio

...and the phrase "quad bike". Quad=4 Bi=2. Surely a contradiction in terms

:lol:

Sheesh ! What side of the bed did you get out of today PB, no, i know, you crawled through it, springs an' all, emerging underneath with a mouthful of duck down. Either that or you've been hanging out with Stephen Fry again :P

• 1 month later...

Checkout operators who scan the same item a dozen times. If the barcode is badly printed it doesn't matter how many times you scan it, it wont read it into the machine.

Checkout operators, usually with defective vision, who insist on typing the 13 digit barcode into the till.

I couldn't be arsed. I would just give the item to the customer. It makes them smile and they come back to shop there again.

Checkout operators who scan the same item a dozen times. If the barcode is badly printed it doesn't matter how many times you scan it, it wont read it into the machine.

Checkout operators, usually with defective vision, who insist on typing the 13 digit barcode into the till.

I couldn't be arsed. I would just give the item to the customer. It makes them smile and they come back to shop there again.

As an ex checkout operator I just do not agree.......scanning more than once will often work although I agree a dozen times is excessive. For an item that would not scan I had to open my spectacle case in order to put on some reading glasses before keying in the barcode. No other option. Handing the product to the customer to make them smile was a sackable offence.

My own pet hate was products that never scanned due to faulty bar codes. Why management did not do the sensible thing an return those products to the suppliers I never did understand.

Handing the product to the customer to make them smile was a sackable offence.

My own pet hate was products that never scanned due to faulty bar codes. Why management did not do the sensible thing an return those products to the suppliers I never did understand.

Sounds like the management need a talking to!

I would agree that the product should be sent back. There is no excuse for printing a bar code badly. I remember someone asking for the barcode to be in RED on the product for which I was designing the packaging. that would have given the checkout operators some grief!

My local Tescos down south would give you the product free if it didn't scan, but then again there was 32 checkouts open and a queue at every one.

One day they had a power cut and they closed the shop, asked everyone to leave and those who were already at the checkouts got to walk out with full trolleys for free 8O

• 4 weeks later...