Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

People who park in disabled parking spaces when they are not disabled.

When midder's spine had crumbled considerably she was able to get a disabled driver card, and the SIC created a disabled parking space opposite the house. Mostly this was respected but occasionally not. In such situations her response was to park across the rear of the offending vehicle. This was possible as the space was next to the BT access (which is so rarely used) so it did not require her to block innocent cars. I'm sure that the embarassment to the non-disabled drivers having to knock on the door and face her must have been extreme. I used to wonder if she would ever make a mistake and block in a disabled driver (as the space was of course not hers, but for all eligible). She said she always checked.

The situation with the space was interesting when she died. I immediately stopped using the space and had to take my chance with everyone else. That had a doubly adverse effect for the other residents because there was now an extra car competing for scarce spaces, and the disabled space was frustratingly always sitting empty. People asked me to just use the space but I could not do so. I did, however, ask the SIC if it was possible to remove the space and it was very encouraging to discover that they are indeed flexible enough in their policy for this to have been performed quickly. With no other disabled drivers in the area they were able to adapt sensibly to the new situation.

I'm glad to hear that they can reverse things quickly when no longer required. This is very encouraging to me also.

I'm trying to imagine the look on the faces of those who parked where they should not have parked coming to your Mam's door.

People who park in disabled parking spaces when they are not disabled.
[...]

I'm trying to imagine the look on the faces of those who parked where they should not have parked coming to your Mam's door.

Yes, makes me smile to think of it. :)

One that has got me for quite a while, (not sure if it is still the case) was the souped up sports saloon car (blue iirc) that parked in the disabled space at the back of the Clickimin under the security camera repeatedly, with no disabled badge showing. Used to boil my blood every time I passed, just on principal.

Shameless!

If they had a hidden badge then I take it all back - but otherwise...:-|

sassermaet

It's a good thing you pair don't live in Glasgow's East End! Down here in D'toun there are some stupid people who, as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't own dogs. These dogs seem to insist on crapping right outside the gate leading to my front door and I have to keep watching where I step Sometimes they actually poop right out on Duke St. I've stepped in it before, grr

!

Oh I remember the days of white dog poo, you don't get it nowadays, we don't have the sunshine to dry it up, at least you didn't slip in it, I really thought everywhere was dog poop free nowadays, bit like smoke free!!

Hmmm...nah, these idiots seem to think they're above the law otherwise they'd pick it up.

trains are no better.

It's the squaddies on their way home, Oil men, guys between boats, stag weekends, need I go on? Traveling as single blonde female always difficult. Used to think at least flying you'd get some peace, but no, if it's not the fellow passengers it's the airport staff (not talking sumburgh)

I hate it when strange men do the following to me at bus stops:

(a) chat me up.

(B) affectionately pat my sides as they sit down. NO CAN HAS.

© make cat calls at me out their car windows.

It should be outlawed.

This is why I take the train where possible.

I'm still struggling to understand what you mean by (B).

They do what?

And what does NO CAN HAS mean?[/i]

Well, last night, standing at the bus stop, some creepy guy came up to me and spotted me. He then asked the guy standing next to me if we were together, then, when affirmed this was not the case, he peered right in my face and basically gave me an expression that said 'cheer up'. (As to why I have no idea - it was freezing cold and I was in fancy dress having just been at a friend's birthday party.) He then went to sit on the bench at the stop, and as he passed me, he patted my side. I wanted to smack him.

And 'no can has' is LOLspeak. It means 'lay off Buster'.

Chemists that don't give you the patient information leaflet with your prescription I strangely enough got used to the fact they were dispensed with every lotion, potion and pill south. Unfortunately I am not always 100% when collecting my prescriptions and sometimes forget to check before leaving the chemist.

Online adverts for some heart disease charity or something or other, that is simply a heart, presumably supposed to be a human one, a good quality very vivid realistic image, with its sundry tubing cut off at half mast, just sitting there against a white background pulsating away like it was all nice and cosily tucked away inside its owner chest.

It is absoultely beyond DISGUSTING!!!!

Sorry Ad Agency, whoever you are, but while I'm sure you're trying to sell/inform me/persuade me to donate somthing that's very admirable and worthwhile and all that, there is no way better of getting me to close out of whatever page your message is on long before I've ever given it a chance to load, let alone read and understood it, than have that Frankenstein style animated creation on it. Geeeeezzz.....lucky for the furniture I've not encountered it immediately after eating a meal....yet. :?