Best Practical Joke

Whats the best you have done / suffered / heard about?

To start you off here is one that I heard about recently.

The staff of a particularly officious boss filed 1/8" off the height of his office chair every day until he had to look up to see the keyboard on his desk :lol:

We tried a stunt up one of the lanes where we tied doors opposite each other up by the handles. Knocked on them both and waited for the hiliarity to ensue. However our cunning plan was foiled when one of the occupiers opened his door - out the way. We legged it. We were 12 at the time. :oops:

There are many office practical jokes around. One of my favourites is with a corded telephone. Affix a small piece of clear sellotape (or use your favourite brand of sticky tape) around the cable where it can't be seen, thus effectively halving the length of the cord. When the phone rings, the unsuspecting victim grabs the handset and lifts the whole phone to their ear. Great fun.

Another good one is to take a screenshot of someones desktop using something such as Paint Shop Pro and then view it full screen. Amazing how annoyed some folk can get when clicking the mouse has no effect on icons, toolbars or anything else.

Removing the starters from flourescent tubes is a great way to get that light switch at least 10 on/off rotations before the person decides that the power is either off or the lighting is knackered.

Almost all keyboards are designed so that the keys 'pop out' for cleaning etc. Swap the qwerty layout with something a little more adventurous and see how good your colleagues are at touch typing. :twisted: It is best to do this with a little subtlety and only shift one or two keys... Another option is to actually change the keyboard bindings within Windows etc... That totally throws them!

Best office hit I heard of was a pissed off secretary who always had to make the coffee for an all male sales team - she gradually weaned them onto decaff then after a few weeks of that hit them with double expresso strength - and watched them all go nuts. Very subtle, but very effective. :lol:

This is an absolute classic for you office people out there! Press CTRL + ALT + DOWN ARROW, computer screen will then invert, ie upside down.

Do this to some unsuspecting colleague who doesn't look at Shetlink website while they're at the bog or something, then they'll come back and turd themselves! Again hopefully...

Leave until they're at the stage of phoning IT for support then tell them to CTRL + ALT + UP ARROW to correct it.

Enjoy! :lol:

Even better let them phone IT, then have a laugh watching them try to sort it!

Let me know how it goes...

Press CTRL + ALT + DOWN ARROW, computer screen will then invert, ie upside down.

I think there must be something wrong with my computer. When I pressed CTRL + ALT = DOWN the screen only rotated 90 degrees, not 180. Must be low on fuel or something.

Yes you need a lot of unleaded for this experiment...

Nah dunno, pass. Always works on mine, found out by accident when the cordless keyboard was dropped and catched before it hat the ground and somehow these keys were pressed at the same time! Took a bit to work out what was going on!

I cant get it to work

Control+Alt+down?

hmm, all it does it move the page down (or up, however y'see it) down for me

It does work eventually. It sometimes depends what programs you have running, so close some windows and try again.

Another idea is to rotate your keyboard so that the spacebar is at the top, where the F1 - F12 keys normally are. Do this and pressing CTRL + ALT + down (remember that the down arrow will now look like an up arrow) should definitely work.

I cant get it to work

Control+Alt+down?

hmm, all it does it move the page down (or up, however y'see it) down for me

It does work eventually. It sometimes depends what programs you have running, so close some windows and try again.

Another idea is to rotate your keyboard so that the spacebar is at the top, where the F1 - F12 keys normally are. Do this and pressing CTRL + ALT + down (remember that the down arrow will now look like an up arrow) should definitely work.

(Evil Laugh) Ha ha ha ha!