Dylan Moran in Shetland

Njugle

I'm well miffed at no getting tickets too. The first I'd heard about them going on sale was that they'd sold out :?

I went along Islesburgh anyway and was told the only way to get a ticket would be to stand outside the Garrison on the night in case anyone was selling their ticket. They don't take tickets back and advise anyone not wanting theirs to sell em on the night. Hmmf :cry:

i waited between about 8 and 9 to get them, and got a good pile for people who didnt work in lerwick. it was easy for me because after i got tickets i was still at work before any of my other workmates.

im about 89% excited about him comin up

im guessing hes just doin small places to get his material right before doing the real tour

i waited between about 8 and 9 to get them, and got a good pile for people who didnt work in lerwick. it was easy for me because after i got tickets i was still at work before any of my other workmates.

im about 89% excited about him comin up

im guessing hes just doin small places to get his material right before doing the real tour

Yep that's right. Warm up material.

Regrettably I doubt we'll get a big name at the height of their tour as they're just too expensive so getting them at the start when they're trying out material or right at the end when it is starting to peter out is the best we can hope for.

Should still be a good show though.

I really don't think this gig being a "warm-up" is much of a concern - perhaps it would be for an up-and-coming comedian, but not for someone like Dylan Moran.

A good example being the "preview" shows which only cost £5 a ticket at the start of the Edinburgh Fringe - you can see names like Mark Watson, Stewart Lee or Richard Herring without much fear it'll be a duff set. Dylan Moran will be a great show.

(and I have a ticket!)

I really don't think this gig being a "warm-up" is much of a concern - perhaps it would be for an up-and-coming comedian, but not for someone like Dylan Moran.

A good example being the "preview" shows which only cost £5 a ticket at the start of the Edinburgh Fringe - you can see names like Mark Watson, Stewart Lee or Richard Herring without much fear it'll be a duff set. Dylan Moran will be a great show.

(and I have a ticket!)

i cant say i was worried much, more curious as to why we would have a (semi)famous comedian coming up for a day to do a gig. especially as if its somethign we've done then the more we do it the better.

i wonder if there would be enough demand for dylan moran to sell out two nights at the garrison?

• 3 weeks later...