Police

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pulled over and accused of not wearing a seatbelt, or my son who is under 18. We WERE wearing seatbelts, how the officer could not see when the seatbelt is black and I was wearing a cream fleece is beyond me. Son was wearing a white Scotland rugby shirt.

The policeman was the one determined to do all the talking and not let anyone get a word in edgeways..........I am afraid I had a go at him in the middle of the street outsideThulecraft. Finally he admitted he wasn't sure, so I asked him if he took things to court and stood up infront of the Judge and told HIM he wasn't sure?

If he wasn't sure why accuse me? Unprofessional, agressive and approached me in a really offensive manner.

I was pulled over and accused of not wearing a seatbelt, or my son who is under 18. We WERE wearing seatbelts, how the officer could not see when the seatbelt is black and I was wearing a cream fleece is beyond me. Son was wearing a white Scotland rugby shirt.

The policeman was the one determined to do all the talking and not let anyone get a word in edgeways..........I am afraid I had a go at him in the middle of the street outsideThulecraft. Finally he admitted he wasn't sure, so I asked him if he took things to court and stood up infront of the Judge and told HIM he wasn't sure?

If he wasn't sure why accuse me? Unprofessional, agressive and approached me in a really offensive manner.

If a Police Officer stops and speaks to you alone, happy days!! In my area so many pcs just on probation, have not go a clue!

In the situation given . You're lucky you were not jailed for a Breach. Best would be to give what you are required in law and say nothing, not even no comment!

Bryando wrote

In the situation given . You're lucky you were not jailed for a Breach. Best would be to give what you are required in law and say nothing, not even no comment!

No, best thing to do if a police person is behaving badly is to make a note of their number and make a complaint to the Chief Constable. A few bad officers can give the rest a bad name.

Throwing around accusations from the get go is their default mode in my experience, and the greater part of why they piss me off so much.

Fine, ask questions, and I'll answer, or not, as I see fit. Assumedly they have reason to suspect some "illegal" act has taken place before they feel the need to take you on in the first place. But just wading in from the get go with "You have done , and I will prove it", is patronising, insulting, downright out of order, and highly likely to be counterproductive.

I wouldn't mind so much if they already knew taking the polite and reasonable route was pointless, but in my experience its their default mode, regardless that they have never spoken with you before and know nothing about you, unless maybe some snippet gleaned from one of their own pals, who may or may not feel inclined to provide accurate information.

They're not helping themselves, once you experience their "customer service" first hand, you quickly find you have no interest in giving them information when they appeal for it, or involving them in any way with anything, regardless of what has happened. Having seen how words get twisted, and things read in to things that take several leaps of both imagination and faith, you daren't take the risk. It also irks that by behaving in such a way and making their own job harder, is also wasting time and money, tax payer's money, your money.

Hmm, everything seems to boil down to a breech of the peace. 9 times out of ten they are the ones who have provoked a reaction from someone.

Do you remember when the folk at SYIS wanted to promote condoms and they had a giant condom costume that they proposed to parade in, up and down commercial street giving out information?

They were told by the cheif officer that if anyone wore it in the street they'd be arrested for breech of the peace.

Which beggs the question, why do you have to dress as a giant condom to get the police to patrol the street and take notice in the first place?

Perhaps to stop all the window breakages folk ought to parade in giant condom suits, up and down the street at pub chucking out time and the police would be there and by default catch some vandals......

Hmm, everything seems to boil down to a breech of the peace. 9 times out of ten they are the ones who have provoked a reaction from someone.

Then the better person surely would not react and not give them what they want.

Some folk just seem to attract attention, and some don't.

I did when I was younger, but I got rid of the raced up capri and hash and have absolutly no trouble from them.

I do some call outs for them to, these guys who also pick up the pieces of other folks lives in bags and then have to tell the mums little johnn aint commin home, let us weigh this up fairly now.

Guest Anonymous

is a bit like gettin back what you put in , polis always been brand new to me even if ive been overstepping the mark, is the court system that stinks not the polis imho (cant believe i did a poxy abbreviation, ought to be a night in the cells for dat!!)

What has happened to the local bobbies up in my homeland?

Been told that most of them are still wet behind the ears and others are on power trips. Obviously there must be the decent ones, but we never hear about them!!Why is this?

I have also been in conversation with some of my old cop mates who used to work up at home, who say all is not well that the cops are been given targets to reach each month (could be why people are being stopped more often) and that the main man is running the place into the ground which is making for a unhappy place to work. Suppose this is life in most work places!!!

Then the better person surely would not react and not give them what they want.

I didn't react, but it didn't stop them coming back and trying again with something else, and something else, and something else.....yadda yadda.

It was only went I decided to act "stupid", and take the wording of their questions at pure face value, and apply the literal dictonary meaning to them, to lead them on an absolutely pointless "grand tour". That half way through it the penny dropped that I was taking the piss, and there was not a damn thing they could do about it, that they finally got the message trying to put the frighteners on me was going nowhere, if they had nothing but "off the record" tips from one or two local brown-nosers and probably a few too many empty charge sheets to try and fill.

Guest Anonymous
What has happened to the local bobbies up in my homeland?

Been told that most of them are still wet behind the ears and others are on power trips. Obviously there must be the decent ones, but we never hear about them!!Why is this?

I have also been in conversation with some of my old cop mates who used to work up at home, who say all is not well that the cops are been given targets to reach each month (could be why people are being stopped more often) and that the main man is running the place into the ground which is making for a unhappy place to work. Suppose this is life in most work places!!!

some good some bad yea , though any dealings i had wi them they been very human

Guest CyprusPluto

The police have lost the respect of the people and that is a shame. A major reason, but not the only one, for that is the dumbing down of the requirements to get into the force.

There is hardly a person left that has not had or does not know someone very close to them that has had, a poor and dare I say, inappropriate experience, of a member of the police force. I know this viewpoint is not related to one generation, it spans all from the under 25's, through the 30's, 40's and even people into their 70's and 80's - those that grew up with utmost respect for the police and have now lost it due to the behaviour of some policemen and women following rules and chasing targets to the exclusion of common sense. That said I have heard and found that those of the Northern Constabulary are a little more respectful than elsewhere (I am sure that some of you will disagree with this and for good reason as we all have our own personal experiences)

I believe there are over 7 million people in the UK with unspent criminal convictions, far more than other similar countries. Does anyone really believe there are 7 miliion criminals in the UK or that the vast majority of these people have been criminalised by an over officious, target driven legal system.

Guest Anonymous

bear in mind theres all kinds of mind numbing regulations governing them too , real backfirst messed up legal system they try to work within , kinda feel sorry for them in many ways

bear in mind theres all kinds of mind numbing regulations governing them too , real backfirst messed up legal system they try to work within , kinda feel sorry for them in many ways

Good manners and a sensible approach will diffuse a situation. That costs nothing. You don't need to fill a form in to be polite.The police are there to keep the peace and "UPHOLD" the law (not enforce it) Not stirr things up and deliberatly provoke folk by hurling false accusations at law abiding folk.

Police are there to report the facts, not speculate on what they may or maynot have seen or would like to have seen.