Police

@Sherlock,

Despite the complete lack of proof other than the words you post here, that you are indeed, or ever have been a bona fide UK Police Officer, I will for the meantime assume for sake of this post that you are/have been.

Against that backdrop, I would like to pose a question to you, viz, do you belive in justice being done, and being seen to be done, and do you believe that your own direct actions, and whatever influence you may exert upon your colleagues and superiors are to the best of your abilities to ensure that justice is done, and is seen to be done.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your factual but succinct reply Dave.

Forvik: http://www.forvik.com/

I think you'll appreciate his parallel attitude.

However, as to your mission. One would have to wonder as to what school of freedom you aspire to? Your tenets are undoubtedly Thelemitic, noble and honourable in motive under Rabelais, but equally used for self-indulgent narcissism by Crowley.

To furnish the relevant quote: "Do what thou wilt (shall be the whole of the law)."

So, if I declare myself Sovereign, and you are Rabelais and I am Crowley, what is to stop me coming around to your house and planting my flag in anything I like and declaring it part of the sovereign state of Njugle? :wink:

Please expand on the social implications of your social order, does it tend toward noble tribalism, or sophisticated anarchy?

Master Rider,

Equally, sir, it could be said that I have no proof, other than your avatar, that you are a motorcycle. A poor jest, sir. You shall just have to trust me, lest you wish us to exchange identities via PM? I have, however, every respect for your anonymity, and do not call upon or expect you to do so.

As to your question. I could not do my job if I did not believe in justice. I am of those who are driven by a sense of justice, and of seeking justice for the victim. I must, however, recognise that I am part of a system of justice. In oder to fulfil my role, I serve justice in the very best, most impartial and objective way I can, else I am serving myself and my ego, rather than the public whom I sworn to serve. Again, should you have reservations or doubts about this, feel free to PM me, and we may discuss how I achieve this in my profession. So, the short answer is yes, yes and yes again. The day it is not, I shall retire, or seek alternative employment.

I remain, as always,

Your humble servant. :)

Njugle said,

" what is to stop me coming around to your house and planting my flag in anything I like and declaring it part of the sovereign state of Njugle? Wink"

I will defend my sovergien property until death. :>)

[or at least broken fingernails]

"Please expand on the social implications of your social order, does it tend toward noble tribalism, or sophisticated anarchy?"

Sophisticated anarchy.

I do not want to control anyone.

I do not want anyone to control me.

YOU do as YOU WISH.

Let Society do as it wishes - it is no concern of mine.

Now then, now then, now then, what's going on 'ere? This thread seems to be swaying away from discussion about the Police into a debate about law and where it stands. May I suggest that a new topic is created to debate Freeman/men/persons and this thread is left to discuss the intricacies of the Police Department.

Pfft. In my newly created sovereign thread state of Njugle, I choose to discuss whatever I like, with whomsoever I like, and refuse to accept the forum rules that have been thrust upon me, but if I don't read them then I can say they are not MY rules, for MY thread state.

Now, if someone of supposed authority around here, like erm, me, chose to caution or expel me for doing so, I would reject their authority! It is MY sovereign state after all!

Oh, no, but wait, what light breaks forth on yonder horizon, tis the enlightenment that I am posting in this forum, and hence must conform to the rules applicable to it. And hence, it occurs to me that the same may be said of the land in which I choose to live; should I wish to empower my own sovereignty I must have my own physical and geographical state in which to do so(or, similarly, my own forum), I cannot live in a bubble of self determinism within the confines of a nation state. Otherwise I may find myself within the greatly reduced confines of the local cop-shop and former gaol, via an introduction to our local constabulary firsthand.

Speaking of which:

I wonder what's all going on in there then, and how such a detainment would be handled?

>

Master Njugle,

It was, indeed, well phrased. While, insofar as I am aware, there is no offence committed by declaring self-determinism, I can but guess that any offences arising from such beliefs ("I declare this my car, and damn you, sir, for your impudence if you argue!") would result in a swift assessment by a practitioner of medicine, mayhaps followed by a night in an en suite secure room, or a trip to a more "comfortable, yet secure" medical facility on the mainland. :wink:

Your humble servant.

post script

Is somewhat archaic eloquence or verbosity infectious? :)

Thread Police.

"While, insofar as I am aware, there is no offence committed by declaring self-determinism, "

I expect your government will sort that in their usual fashion

"I can but guess that any offences arising from such beliefs ("I declare this my car, and damn you, sir, for your impudence if you argue!") would result in a swift assessment by a practitioner of medicine,"

This is the usual road taken by the collective as we saw so admirably practised in Soviet Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psikhushka

In the Soviet Union, psychiatry was used for punitive purposes. Psychiatric hospitals were often used by the authorities as prisons in order to isolate political prisoners from the rest of society, discredit their ideas, and break them physically and mentally; as such they were considered a form of torture.

Sherlock said, "mayhaps followed by a night in an en suite secure room, or a trip to a more "comfortable, yet secure" medical facility on the mainland. "

Sherlock your collectivist masters will be pleased with your following the party line.

"I know of no such masonic hat ....."

The policemans hat has the Black and White cheked squares of the Masons floor.

'All Square'

seems that's just another Urban legend...

In the 1930s, Percy Sillitoe, the Chief Constable of the City of Glasgow Police, replaced the traditional police helmet with peaked caps featuring black and white chequered cap bands based on those featured on the military's Glengarry headress, popularly known as the 'Sillitoe Tartan'. The diced band was subsequently widely adopted by British police forces on their peaked caps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glengarry

Thread Title Police.

Sherlock I believe uses the atvar of Sherlock Holmes who is renouned as Drug user.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&pwst=1&ei=2ketScPqH5SIjAe6yM2iBg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sherlock+holmes+drugs&spell=1

Holmes uses addictive drugs, especially when he lacks stimulating cases, most often cocaine in a seven-percent solution. Despite his occasional use of its derivative morphine, he expresses strong disapproval of the use of opium. (The philosophy of the time made drug usage legal.) Watson disapproves of his drug use and describes it as the detective's "only vice." Watson later says he has "weaned" Holmes off drugs, citing their destructive qualities, but views Holmes' drug habit as "dormant" and "not dead, but merely sleeping." At one point Watson actually assumes that Holmes has taken drugs after the detective stays up much of the night.

TWO interesting points here:

1:) Drug usage was legal.

2:) Once saying the "earth was flat" was against "The Law"

The Police or the Church as was would arrest you and burn you to cinders if you said "The Earth was flat"

The Powers that Be always change the Rules.

Had Sherlock been a Policeman in Germany he would have to obey the "Laws" of the democratically elected hitler, just as he obeys the "Law" of our so called democratically elected government.

Sherlock and the Police would have had to herd people to the concentration camps under the democratically elected nazi government.

Some time ago Ladies could not vote. The suffragets fought the "Law" and won. Just as the growing international 'Freeman on the Land' movement is growing and show "Law" to be a construct of the international bankers and their cohorts.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.