Shetland fitba player o da year?

braveheart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Alan Duncan played a full season this year? I thought he'd only been playing this past month or so with the Shetland games and cup finals for Delting, i thought he was away for most of the summer. I would say James Johnston or Ross Moncrieff deserve player of the year this season.

well he played most of the season just missed the start of the season also i agree the only other player that comes close is as plaguestorm said merv jamieson

Sheltand Times Sports headline on Friday

SPURS STALWART JEEMSIE1989 IN VOTE FOR SPURS PLAYER FOR SFA POY SHOCKER :lol:

:lol:

JJ has done ok da year but still think Ross Moncrieff takes

I agree Ross has had a very good year, but I think Jinky's consistency has me making him POY, but it is very close. Ross would certainly deserve accolade as well.

The top prize will end up with one of the Delting boys, but how do you decide who was the most influentcial? Has MJ been better than Brian Duncan, I have not seen anyone get the better of him this season and he has played in goals and done a job. Both those boys have also been around all season long unlike AD. But what about the young lad with the hardest job in Shetland fitba this season (besides the Yell keeper), Frazer Hall only had to replace Stuart Hay! Hardly an easy job and he has scored important cup and league goals. He won't win as its too soon in his career but has he not stepped up for the Champs?

RM has also been great and would be my runner up but Jordan Webb was terrific in leading the hoops to two cup finals, he had a great start to the season. RM though has done it for both his club and Shetland.

As for the third spot I would like the Assoc/Voters to show some insight and have a look beyond the Shetland team and the usual few. Spurs have done well with an U18 keeper, he should be a contender for third, as for Whalsay they lost only four/five games. Alastair Johnson scored a bag full of goals from midfield.

I would to see a top three of Deltings most influential player.

RM

and then AJ, RD or another young player.

But no doubt we will see

A delt.

JJ

another Delt.

Real insight and understanding of the game!!

Does anyone know who the Top Goal Scorer is ?

Player of the year is a difficult one this year. Delting looked very shakey in the first half of the season but Alan Duncan made a huge difference. Ross Moncrieff was outstanding in all the games I saw him play and would get my vote. Merv Jamieson and Karl Williamson were as steady as ever and James Johnstone seems to have also had a good season (I only saw him play once for Shetland and he had a very good game).

In reply to how well Alan would get on south was answered by Frankie. He was at Huntly and could not get a game prior to being released. John Johnson told my boyfriend after the Cove Rangers game that he had informed the Cove manager of Alan's availability. John was told that they had a scout watching the Shetland/Fort William tie and Alan was seen as one of our weaknesses. This according to him was proved to be correct, but James Johnston was seen the only player who would get into the Cove team.

Wonder if the scout was the same guy who spoke to me at Fort William, he reckoned Karl Williamson was the steadiest on the ball although he did comment on James Johnston's individual skill.

i was told that top goalscorer was pearson as well and if someone thinks that alan duncan couldnt play in the highland league get a grip i he was that poor in the fort william game how did he get 2 goals?????

Being a striker isn't all about skill and ability. I've played striker once or twice and scored and I am not, though I often claim otherwise, Pele. Luck and being in the right place place at the right time counts. And although Alan Duncan has good positional play, he is overall, one of the Shetland squad's weaker strikers, personally.

Being a striker isn't all about skill and ability. I've played striker once or twice and scored and I am not, though I often claim otherwise, Pele. Luck and being in the right place place at the right time counts. And although Alan Duncan has good positional play, he is overall, one of the Shetland squad's weaker strikers, personally.

But he played in midfield he am midfeilder????????????

And although Alan Duncan has good positional play, he is overall, one of the Shetland squad's weaker strikers, personally.

(Maybe apart fae Under 11's)I'm quite confident Alan Duncan has never played up front in his life!

But you could argue he is one of the squad's weaker strikers perhaps alongside Craig Dinwoodie and Kevin Teale :?