Building surveys

muckleflugga

From what i've seen £350 is about the going rate a mortgage provider quotes for getting a survey done.

However, i've had surveys done independantly and the mortgage provider has accepted them and waived their fee.

I used Stephen Johnson (David Adamson & Partners) and paid about £75 for a simple valuation and £165 for a structural survey, which is what the mortgage provider would require. Tell them at the time of booking the survey which lender you are proposing and they should be able to provide one in the format the lender requires.

I honestly can't remember what I paid (18 months ago) but that does seem high. :?:

What I would add (and it's the reason I've posted anything at all, as i've not been exactly been helpful so far) is that Michael does seem to be very honest and up front about what he's doing. He gave us some great advise along with the valuations that we got from him. Really makes you feel like your getting a good service when people offer more than what's asked of them. I certainly appreciated his help.