Really want to move to the island of Yell

Jeanette

we have been talking about it all day shall we move to the island of yell well we decided yes but the only thing holding us back is finding work for my partner he is a cnc engineer usiing fanuc and mazak machines and i cant seam to find any jobs for him so if anyone knows of any or have a posistion opened could they please let me know

Many thanks

Hi from sunny Yell Jeanette

Its really nice to here your thinking of moving. On the job front however I am not aware of anyone using that sort of equipment in Yell, in fact I doubt there are few if any in Shetland. That said Yell has fairly good transport links so you could work of the island and commute.

I will keep my ear to the ground and if I hear of anything I'll let you know :)

• 2 weeks later...

If no one else offers a CNC service on the Islands, perhaps you might consider investing money in equipment to establish such a business.

I was listening to someone the other day mention how they spent £2k on their own equipment and then earned £5k a year doing bits here and there for people. (As such, I've wondered about doing the same myself here in London, though I'm just a beginner and don't know my way around such machines!)

I wonder how much demand there would be for such services in the area ?

• 1 month later...
Jeanette you should also have a look at www.shetland.org, its a newish site set up to provide information for people looking to move to and/or set up businesses in Shetland.

Marlin can you help? I canna get the site to work and I've also went in again and put .uk in but to no effect.

I'm really interested in this site as I'm setting up my previous business I had sooth here.

• 2 weeks later...