Shetlink GAYDAR

"Am I the only one in the village?"

With the traditional emphasis of man-hood...growing up in shetland was a bit isolating knowing i was different, turd at fitba, but good at cooking.

My first experience was in Scalloway and ive never looked back since...

Thankful to shetlink as i can now hopefully communicate with other villagers, with no bias. :P

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest perrie-lipper

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner

Guest perrie-lipper

Some more interesting points then cominoot:

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

Homosexuality is god's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children. ~Sam Austin

No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody. ~Rita Mae Brown, speech, 28 August 1982

If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come from? ~Author Unknown

There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

I'd rather be black than gay because when you're black you don't have to tell your mother. ~Charles Pierce, 1980

There's this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That's completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved. ~Boy George

Guest perrie-lipper

They may well be cominoot, but it makes no odds to me bieng a girlie, however i did like these:

In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation. ~Simone de Beauvoir

and:

The world is not divided into sheeps and goats. Not all things are black nor all things white. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories. Only the human mind invents categories and tries to force facts into separated pigeon-holes. The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects. The sooner we learn this concerning sexual behavior the sooner we shall reach a sound understanding of the realities of sex. ~Alfred Kinsey, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, 1948