69 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the daddy

• Mac
    • PC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, my bad. There must be more than one version of that and i just used googles image search and pasted the first link i found.

:oops:

I removed it myself as i don't agree with it and i posted it!

Will try to find the tounge in cheek version later :wink:

It didn't seem in keeping with your usually courteous nature Spinner, the 'mod edit's been removed to save your blushes. :wink:

Us Apple users can be civillised at times, despite being "smug preening tossers" :(

Ah well, time for another swan's tongue.

:P

I found that Apple and Linux users can be so elitist it hurts.

I love my little Start button. And what would I do without Freecell.

I think the fact that many Mac Users have downloaded Virtual PC in order to recreate applications from windows kinda tells you something about the OS; you never have to do that with windows.

^^^ Well said!

Personally I'm a PC lass, having first got a Windows computer for Christmas 13 years ago at the age of seven (you do the maths). I have used Macs too, though, but I'm just that much more used to the PC interface that I think I'll stick with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
My PC crashes at least once a week.

i run xp for over a month at a time, and it doesnt crash, i just have to restart it.

i think once you have working hardware and set up your evnironment well then theres no reason windows should have a reputation for crashing

macs are to pc's what everyones ipods are to my awesome iriver

Due to the nature of my work, I leave my work XP machine on for weeks on end and only ever restart it occasionally for updates. Haven't had any problems. The installation is perhaps as many as five years old and has worked just fine all this while.

A properly maintained PC will be rock-solid. Crashes are usually caused by faulty third-party software and, even then, XP and Vista are quite capable of spotting these problems and recovering.

Bluescreens such as the one posted above are usually caused by a hardware fault, or broken drivers; they are not something you should see during normal operation. Just like your car shouldn't fart out clouds of black smoke if it is working well.

My XP machine has run fine for several years on the current install and is flawless during normal operation. The only problem I've had was with SP3 for XP which crashed it, and that was due to the dorks at microturde not testing the update on AMD machines before releasing it.

Firefox 3 has been a bit unstable, but that is to be expected with any new bit of PC software. Unlike Macs, which are all built to the same design essentially, PC's can be built using a myriad of different components from different manufacturers so a bit of software instability is inevitable with any new or updated product. It usually gets fixed within 6 months or so, and if it doesn't, there are always plenty of alternative applications to do the same job.

If I wasn't mainly using my PC for playing games I might consider a Mac, but until DirectX becomes available for Mac OS or Linux, I'm stuck with microturde.

^^Hmmm... no sure. Half of China runs on the same XP serial number :wink:

Apple are no better re releasing updates that break things (endless reboots... sound familiar AT?) even with their limited hardware to support. If their latest Jesus phone is anything to go by their QA standards are slipping... and slipping fast.

^^ lol true.

@AT . You can run Windows directx games through Cedega. There's a few nuances with your games - but for the majority you can play as if you're on a Windows system. Admitedly you're not native *nix - but hey .. best of both worlds ;)