Poll to stop poll!

Wheesht

On your second point, I agree. Just look at the most popular poll on the site: http://shetlink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23

The poster uses the poll questions to get the answer "Do you want SIC to spend considerably less"... The questions should have just been

"The SIC should build a Cinema/Music Venue"

"The SIC should upgrade old venues"

That would be a more fair poll for sure.

We do have the power to reset that particular poll right back to square one and change the questions...

.. hmm :?:

That seems a good idea. I've been thinking about it for a while, be interesting to see if any of the people who voted had changed their stance since the debate hotted up.

No-one has to vote in a poll to read the topic. Surely if people think that the poll is loaded they will just not vote.

Bang on, then you don't get a cross section just the votes YOU want?

But what does a low number of votes prove?

Not a lower number but by "weeding" out the answers you don't want by wording the questions to suit.

But what does a low number of votes prove?

Lower the voting age? :wink:

:lol:

Yup JAS, you're very right about the poll in question.

I'm not sure if even the £7M figure is accurate (remember it originally started at over £9M?), because the Scottish Arts Council are fronting 2.2 M, leaving only... £4.8M of SIC money - about half the original figure. Can someone please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I digress: yes, especially with the length and popularity of that particular debate, and the fact that the question was flawed from the outset, you should get everyone to vote again. It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

Incidentally, it is of course possible for utterly unscrupulous people to vote "twice" under different user ID's.

I understand that there were a number of multiple-identity comments being placed on that particular thread for a while....