Your top five television programs

In no particular order...

The Blue Planet (best photography I have ever seen. I never tire of it.)

Deadwood (Ian McShane? Superb)

Dexter

Firefly (a crime that it was axed - proof that American TV execs should be rounded up, put in the middle of a great big field and... BOMB THE B*****DS!!! Kenny Everett would be on here, if I had 6. He just made me laugh and laugh, as a kid).

Heroes

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prizes for guessing some of my favoured shows, I fear...

"Sherlock"was thoroughly enjoyable for the interplay between the lead characters, and Moriarty was marvellously unhinged. Quite took me back... :wink:

"Boardwalk Empire" with the sublime Steven Buscemi. The scripts are as first rate as the superlative acting. Simply a joy to watch.

"Dad's Army". No, really Watson, stop chortling, you buffoon! (He would rather I included "Upstairs Downton Abbey", or "X Factor", I suppose. Contrived pap and poppycock, all of it!)

"Father Ted". The hilarious scripts and characterisation make Oscar Wilde look like a primary school nativity play.

"Dexter". The concept intrigues and amuses me - as any and all who know me may attest!

Watson's quite in a huff, now. I have ignored the Moriarty of modern day reality television - the Cowell chappie - and quite deliberately, too. I suppose I shall have to make my own Horlicks, tonight! :roll: :wink:

DizzyKipper, so glad you said The Waltons. Could never stomach going to church so watched The Waltons every Sunday morning for the spiritual, saccharine-coated equivalent.

Drew the line at Little House on the Prairie though. Used to hope when I watched the opening credits that Lindsay Sydney Greenbush would break her neck this time! :twisted:

Ok.....some oldies

1)Callan

2)Surgical Spirits

3)The Sweeny

4)To the Manor Born

5)The Avengers

6) The Good Life

Not in any particular order and I am sure if I answered the same question in a week or so the answers would probably differ. And I know it is six and not five.

BTW does anyone remember Surgical Spirits?.