Ikea

Fifi

I've just placed an order for the first time with Ikea to be delivered to Shetland, having only bought in the stores before. I thought this might help anyone wanting to do the same. It has been incredibly easy and quick > and Shetland Transport kindly gave me all the details.

Email your order to:

ikeaedinburgh.orders@memo.ikea.com

Include description of items, 8 digit number, colour, etc.

They emailed back almost immediately with a quote, listing all the items and would say if stuff was out of stock. I phoned the number in the email to say I wanted to accept the quote and paid via credit card over the phone. You need to also reply to the quote email to say you want to go ahead and that you authorise them to take the money from your card.

Shetland Transport <01595 695792> collect orders from Ikea Edinburgh every fortnight on a Thurs. Shetland Transport will phone me to say the order has arrived and to arrange payment and delivery.

Hope this is of help! :)

How much do Shetland Transport charge though?

Good question! :wink: Probably dependant on what you order, but we just looked on it probably still being reasonable. There's a lot of Ikea stuff coming up all the time, so presumably it must be reasonable - last delivery was 10-11 pallets, I was told by Ikea Edinburgh, and the deliveries are fortnightly.

Perhaps someone's who ordered before might be able to give a better idea.

I ordered using the email method a while back and it was a very reasonable delivery price for the all the items I ordered (all bedroom furniture). I had expected to pay more than I actually did. In fact, my sister in law in Aberdeen couldn't get Ikea stuff delivered to her for the price I paid - she was going to have to pay more !!