Audi warranty for Shetland customers

maddisp

Did you know that Audi will no longer do any warranty repairs in Shetland.You must return the car to Aberdeen at your own expense for minor repairs.If it breaks down they will ship it to Aberdeen but you must pay for there turn leg.They MUST INFORM YOU OF THIS PRIOR TO PURCHASE .Most people I have spoken to with newish cars are unaware of this.However they are breaching the SMMT code of practice(find it with google).I wont go into detail but if you end up in the same situation as me,you are entitled to make a claim against them for breaching this code of practice.It should also apply to any other make of car.After a few phone calls I did get it fixed up here for nowt.

so like a lot of things nowadays, when choosing the product, make sure you understand how that product is going to be looked after post purchase.

For cars, of course we will all choose whatever car we really want, and not all the manufacturers are represented in shetland. Other things being equal, the best thing to do is to buy a vehicle from a local garage with a franchise; who then has to aspire to meet the conditions of the franchise.

It does also mean supporting local jobs; something some shetlanders seem to care less about in their headlong chase of the cheapest car from god knows where.

But the info here is nontheless ver useful for someone who just had to buy an audi.

Definitely Berlingos.

It is the model that is in the shape of a van but has windows and two rows of seats. I have seen the name Berlingo on the rear of the vehicles when I have seen them being driven about. I was wondering if it was because of the quality of the vehicle or the price for them that there area so many about.

^^ Has Brae given up Citroen, and what's the story with Leasks/Ford anyway?

Leask still claim to be a main dealer on their website, but Jim's has been claiming Ford associations now for a bit as well, and have I not heard Leask advertising Suzuki cars lately?

Leasks gave up the Ford franchise a while ago but were still selling fords through Arnold Clark. Jim's has full Ford car dealership and will carry out repairs on Ford commercials.

Central garage still does Citroen.

jims garage through sutherlands have the full ford and mazda agencies; this includes all warranties, and new sales, and all servicing.

If leasks are advertising this, they should not be and will end up in court if they dont get with the 20th century and update their website.

Sorry for forgetting citreon through central in brae from my previous list. still there.

Did you know that Audi will no longer do any warranty repairs in Shetland.You must return the car to Aberdeen at your own expense for minor repairs.If it breaks down they will ship it to Aberdeen but you must pay for there turn leg.They MUST INFORM YOU OF THIS PRIOR TO PURCHASE .Most people I have spoken to with newish cars are unaware of this.However they are breaching the SMMT code of practice(find it with google).I wont go into detail but if you end up in the same situation as me,you are entitled to make a claim against them for breaching this code of practice.It should also apply to any other make of car.After a few phone calls I did get it fixed up here for nowt.

Where repair work is required under the new car warranty it may be carried out by any

dealer in the manufacturer’s network anywhere in Europe.A repairer who is not part of

the manufacturer’s network may not carry out repair work under the new car warranty,

which may be invalidated if this happens.

The above was taken from SMMT website.

Warranty work must be carried out by a dealer.