deregistering

Guest Anonymous

Yes, khitajrah. Good Luck with the baby. :D

You have to hang around to let us all know the usual stuff... Like: How big, boy or girl, hours in labour, etc.. etc.. Just because we're all a bunch of nosey beggars. :wink:

I'm due to become a Granduncle in February.. Not sure I like the "Grand" bit though. :wink:

And as Trout said "Iligitimus nil carbarundum" supposedly Latin for "Don't let the bas*ards grind you down"

Don't know if it's a swearing filter that's needed here. Maybe a Trout Net.. :wink: :lol:

Well said every one who has posted here I find all the posts regardless as where you are from just a valid as any one else. So Khitajrah step back and just remember that all who go on about soothmoothers are just people who have put fun into Dysfunctional and are laughed at and not laughed with. And they can’t see it but like every where else e.g. (House of Commons ) an MP when told he was stupid person replied that there were a lot of stupid people in the UK and they deserved representation as well, the same thing applies here that is what happens with free speech or posts

But what ever you decide to do thanks for taking part. I for one hope you decide to stay and Ignore the Pratt’s

Hope to see/read your posts again Khit, I'm a soothmoother as well, it just makes me laugh when I read some of the posts, I can agree with some of the points made, but some do go a bit far, especially from folks who've left the Island.

I chose to come to Shetland, it's a beautiful place and I find the locals very friendly, I don't see a lot of them as I'm always working, but they're always ready with a smile and a natter now and again, I don't post much but I do view a lot and I generally like the banter that goes on, like Shetland as a whole, I find everyone on the forum helpful in one way or another.

Good luck with the baby and come back soon

:)

Yeah, hang on in there Khit. :) On a forum, all you've got to go by is what someone says, and the way they put it across. It's a great leveller in some ways. So, rather than how you look, people make their mind up about you by what you're writing and how you're saying it.

With some of the type of posts you're referring to, you have to think about how some of these people are portraying themselves. Some can be deliberately being outrageous for effect and trying to get someone to bite. > Others might well be serious :shock: but if they are, they're not doing themselves any favours and are at risk of portraying themselves as in-bred, narrow-minded bigoted idiots with a huge chip on their shoulders. Grow up and get on with life > and let us all live happily ever after.. ;) Life's too short. There are far more important things than these knuckle-dragging morons and, let's face it, far more important things than forums in the greater scheme of things.

Like Suzanna, I've hopefully got on ok with most folk in the 27 years I've been here and I've made some brilliant life-long friends. :) People here have been good to us and I hope they've found us agreeable sorts in return. The divisive comments from some quarters does sadden me at times, and I just keep the hope that it's not representative of the majority of Shetland - that the vast majority of Shetlanders are welcoming, kind and friendly. :)