Salaries

A salary is your annual wage I believe. I have no idea what my hourly rate is, but a year I get roughly 17 monkey nuts , 3 bottle tops and a fag end.

boo, thats 17 more monkey nuts than I get.

Maybe, but you don't work the nightshift in a monkey nut packing factory.

I once got paid in dishwasher tablets for advising someone how to import a database file into a Word document for a mail merge. I asked for a box, but they gave me an outer - 24 boxes I think.

Ah the curse of having a modicum of IT knowledge. "Hey you should come over for your dinner Tomorrow night. It'll be fun! By the way, our PC can't seem to connect to the internet anymore..."

Ah the curse of having a modicum of IT knowledge. "Hey you should come over for your dinner Tomorrow night. It'll be fun! By the way, our PC can't seem to connect to the internet anymore..."

I have found the answer that gets rid of people when they say they have a PC problem is to just tell them to get a Mac.

Yes it will. People may see that people in similar industries are getting paid more than them and this will encourage them to try and get higher wages at their work through trade union action, etc

Always wondered about trade union "action" . Surely when they stop working it ought to be called "inaction".

No good will come of it.

Yes it will. People may see that people in similar industries are getting paid more than them and this will encourage them to try and get higher wages at their work through trade union action, etc.

I worked for a company who were horrified when staff started discussing their wages.

More amusing was when we discovered that although the MD was paying us 29p a mile to drive our cars on company business, he was paying himself £1 per mile. When he needed to see a customer in Yugoslavia he decided it would be "more efficient" to drive his car at £1 per mile than take the plane. Of course it would be too far to drive on your own so he took his wife as a consultant and paid her £1,000 per day.

He had refused to give us a pay rise for the third year so we told him that we would contact the American owners and fill them on on his extravagances. We got the pay rise.

I do like openness!