Lerwick Up Helly Aa

peeriebryan

Female squad members in Lerwick Up Helly Aa (2022 poll)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. In principle, should women be allowed to participate in Lerwick Up Helly-Aa as squad members?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is logistics (already high numbers of guizers, waiting lists for squads etc) a valid reason not to allow women to participate in Lerwick Up Helly-Aa as squad members?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. The current ‘male only’ squad member demographic of Lerwick Up Helly-Aa is….

• Sexist
    • Traditional

What would a real Viking warrior king do in the same circumstances :wink:

burn their house down and pillage them?

I thought they drove around in busses visiting hospitals and primary schools before parading through the town followed by men in fancy dress then dancing Boston Two Steps all night. My, how times have changed

• 2 weeks later...
Chief Pict Simpson, you are a genuis and it is time indeed to revive this cultural highlight!

Agreed! Let the revival campaign start here and now.....

We will need a new marquee as we were told we could never use it again also we struggled the last time to get a site Big thanks to Brian Anderson for the site last time. Also the council wasn't happy and nor were the police or star rent a car. But who cates what a good time it was so lets all campaign for a another one or at least a Hascosy disco :P :P

8O :o

I wasn't even going to mention the hascosay foy on here cos i didn't think anybody would know what i was talking about!

Damned right piltick! I think we should hae both. OR! Hae the pictish festival on Hascosay, now there's a recipe for brilliant disaster! Police that ya buggers! Anybody got a large boat?

8O :o

I wasn't even going to mention the hascosay foy on here cos i didn't think anybody would know what i was talking about!

Damned right piltick! I think we should hae both. OR! Hae the pictish festival on Hascosay, now there's a recipe for brilliant disaster! Police that ya buggers! Anybody got a large boat?

Folk today just dont know how to have a good time, drinking, open fires, boats with more drinking etc. We should also campaign to get the But n Ben reopened some good nights in there and of cource the Hilltop

• 8 months later...
  • admin changed the title to Lerwick Up Helly Aa