The Official "Welcome President Obama" Thread.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he does the other guy looks like he should be heading for the care centre. Whats the odds he will survive through his first term. There are the odd one or two neo nazi types nocking about over there. That assuming they vote him in and that there machines have not been messed about with.

My teenage son is lucky enough to be there, attending school amd soaking up the election atmosphere. In return he has to present his experiences to the rest of the Anderson.

He's a real Obama supporter and he is staying with a kind Republican family - he's quite diplomatic though!

A great opportunity and I am thinking about him a lot today.

As a big Obama supporter - I'm terrified about this result.

Some opinion polls make good reading (Gallup has a 13 point gap in Obama's favour); others have a difference of 5 points which has been narrowing for the past week... A week ago I was thinking landslide; now I'd take 271 electoral college votes.

Just what would another term of Republican government mean? (The most frightening aspect being the prospect of President Palin.)

I too will be watching tonight, there's no denying that it's one of the biggest spectacles in the world. Polls close in Virginia at midnight and Ohio at 12.30am - When those results are in we'll know if it's a night for celebration, or time to get drunk enough for it to last 4 years.

I am always a little surprised when it comes around to US election time, by the enthusiasm and unbelievable interest in this country. Now, before it is said, I understand that it is very important, and that it obviously has a direct impact on the rest of the world..... but, I don't think it will ruin my day tomorrow if Obama (who i want to win) doesn't win, and as for stayin up to watch it? No ta. :wink:

I can't handle watching it all unfold. There's sure to be any number of rigging accusations, early declarations (that are wrong) and American commentary that makes my blood boil.

There ain't nothing inevitable about a US election JA. Saying so will only jinx it. If McCain + Palin are ruling the USA when I wake tomorrow... I know who to blame :wink:

Obama for teh win! It's a sure thing :twisted:

I fear that a lot of folk, the one's who have more fingers than teeth, will vote for McCain simply because they don't want a man leading them who has the middle name Hussein and a surname that sounds a little bit like Osama, such is their blissful ignorance - or should that be total ignorance born of deep rooted hatred and suspicion - of the wider world.

Im meant to be up at 630am tomorrow. I might go to bed after dinner then get up for a while. 8)

I hope Obama wins... you really cant be sure.

It has been amazing seeing more and more black and young people going to vote. Lets hope the have some sense