The Official "Welcome President Obama" Thread.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^

Quite agree about Native Americans involved in US politics, anyone know how many are involved in goverment, assuming they are let off the reservation :wink:

In history if my statistics are up to date and acurate there have been 5 Native American Indians involved in the American goverment most of which were senators or US representitives out of those 5. Altho I am sure there have been many more who have taken active political rolls in their local community. The 5 mentioned were all involved in the national goverment.

And speaking as a Native American Indian myself,one which has been let off the reservation :P I can honestly say I did NOT vote and would not participate in any american election, for my own personal reasons. But I would be interested in knowing the amount of Native Americans who did vote and who came out on top in the Tribal american votes.

No way. That was shameful! Sickbag politics. What was the alternative? Sorry kids, I didn't get to be President, so you are not getting a puppy.

:lol:

And I'm pleased too, in principle. The proof of the pudding is still to be proven in the eating though, after all.

I bet he'd have given it to them anyway...

Jubilation is fine, so you've been sucked in by the politician's pre-election speil of promises that may or may not materialise in time, as that's all it is. As has been said, time will tell....

However, while the world waits, lets not forget this dude that just got voted in is by profession a lawyer and a politician, and we all know how well the one we just lately had leading us did. Lets not forget either his predecessor in the shape of the most recent Democratic party White House incumbent, who just by coincidence was also a lawyer by profession and a politician. What are the lasting positive achievements of that tenure, ummmm....Sorry, I'm drawing a blank. What are the lasting memories of that tenure, all eight years of it.....Ummm....Gennifer Flowers....Monica "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." Lewinski....White Water....

Seems to me this boy has many moulds to break before he actually starts coming ahead any....

^^^^^^^

It's funny that whenever someone mentions Clinton it is generally followed by stories about Ms Lewisnki, a cigar, a dress, and what he claims he did not do to her. That does seem to be his lasting tenure.

However, far better that the most negative aspect of his time in power was getting caught in the middle of some bedroom gymnastics, than to invade and occupy a country with the resulting deaths of thousands of their own troops and tens of thousands of completely innocent civilians killed, based on absolutely nothing and still maintaining steadfastly that it was the right thing to.

Bush's lasting tenure is in a totally different league, and a magnitude off the scale when compared to Clinton.

Obama will be a new puppet for another 4 years and thats about it.

Or the patsy to take the flack, while the new world order is forced through by the real rulers of the world.

I'm amazed anyone over here got caught up by BS hype of an American election.

It's not so much that Hollywood is in America but more that America is Hollywood.

It's funny that whenever someone mentions Clinton it is generally followed by stories about Ms Lewisnki, a cigar, a dress, and what he claims he did not do to her. That does seem to be his lasting tenure.

However, far better that the most negative aspect of his time in power was getting caught in the middle of some bedroom gymnastics, than to invade and occupy a country with the resulting deaths of thousands of their own troops and tens of thousands of completely innocent civilians killed, based on absolutely nothing and still maintaining steadfastly that it was the right thing to.

Bush's lasting tenure is in a totally different league, and a magnitude off the scale when compared to Clinton.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, G.W.B vs. Obama is a whole other debate. I'm just saying the lawyers who are left wing politicians and who've been national leaders in the west in the recent past, have a rather unenviable track record so far of leaving a lasting legacy of nothingness and rattled skeletons in cupboards behind them.

Obama comes in the door with very similar credentials to what Clinton and Blair did, he has work to do before he convinces that he won't leave a similar legacy behind him when he goes, and that's on top of addressing a stagnant and slipping US ecomomy, stagnant situations in Afghanistan and Iraq, et al....

Unless he's willing to break away from the mould of the stable that made him, he will leave as big a mess behind him as he's inheriting, it'll just be re-arranged and reshaped, that's all. He's been all about "change" so far, and with it he caught the mood of the electorate that won him the vote, but talking about change, and actually changing to something better is two entirely different things.

The Democrats have been nothing but hot air for decades, they won a majority in Congress, now what, two years ago?!? It was won on a "change" ticket, and what's changed in that two or whatever years? Damn little! This is the mould of the stable that has made this guy, an established track record of being excellent at telling folk whats wrong, and what they're doing wrong, but give it to them to run themselves and put their money where there mouths are, they just fiddle and tinker and not much really changes much at all.

Think of the Republicans what you like, but when they make their minds up, rightly or wrongly about something, they get on with it, and stick with it. Democrats get so tied up in trying to please all of the people all of the time, and telling others what they're doing wrong, they get next to nothing done themselves.

If Obama can put his party and politics second, and make decisions that are right for the good of the nation first, regardless if he has half his own party pleepsin at him for doing so, he might just live up to some of the expectations he's managed to get his supporters believing, but he'll be a very brave man that pushes in to the background the party and people that put him where he is, for the sake of doing the job right.

Doesn't matter whether it is UK politics or US politics. Every party will promise the world to get votes. Once they get voted in they realise what a mess the economy is.

"We would change this if we had any money to do so".

Nothing changes. Some parties manage to shuffle the pennies better than others but at the end of the day they are no different from you or I trying to pay the bills. If we had a bucketload of money then we would live our lives differently. So would the government.

^^ Nah. A female Prez would have been fine, brute strength and ignorance are the only things, generally speaking, men have more of then women, and neither is a pre-requistite of being Prez.

It's not because she's a woman, its because she's that woman, a total and complete [**Self Edited/Censored before a Mod does**]