Winter League in Brae

nederlander

^ Yeah, it seems to be! We've got a couple of games against the Young Stars and one agains the Tizers, so they'll be key! Need to win all our games from hereon in really!

Funny you should ask aboot the Works league, the AGM was last night and we had a few guys along at it, just had word aboot 10mins ago that we've been accepted in! So all we need to do now is get fit and learn how to play football! :lol: Burra have also entered a team and there is another team entering as well, fairly swelling the ranks o the league this year!

The 3rd team are a group of Polish guys, I think there team will be called "P.L Lerwick" but not 100% certain on that.

It was also agreed that Burra, Wast Linga Ramblers and Wastside Rebels will be able to use their home pitches for their home games.

Sandwick will be entering the cups again and will play their home games in Sandwick

So 11 teams in the Works League this season!

As far as friendlies goes, we'll see how we get on, could be a good plan though, we've got Mossbank this weekend and I think a couple of other teams are interested. Plenty of time though I suppose!

Just thinkin, dis should all maybe be moved tae da idder thread?

• 1 month later...

I see in the Shetland News that theres a new six-a-side superleague starting up on the 7th of April, Is there many teams entering? Just wondered as its going to run through the main outdoor season, and its the same night as under 16's and womens football so it could be a struggle getting a ref some nights?

^ It's a strange one! I know that we wilna be enterin a team, neither are the Rebels. To be honest, I canna see many folk re-enterin their team for it as the majority o the boys (an lasses) playin will be playin some form o 11aside fitba in the comin season. I think the guy has just assumed that we'll all be re-enterin an hisna actually approached any o the teams aboot it as far as I am aware. :?

^ I doot he's based sooth, I think it's him that writes the match reports, which always seem to follow the same pattern, even if it's not exactly what happened. :lol: God keyns wha the other teams that have said they'll join will be! Bit silly on his part not to check with the teams if they'll be playin the new season, he's in for a shock! But you know what they say about assumption.....

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...