Classifieds issues

Hobbiniho

Why not used the Shet ads website?

[mod edit - removed backlink]

Such a good idea and no silly extras, just not enough buyers, although if we all used it as a dedicated 'buy and sell' page, who knows.

I can't seem to see anything about what it costs, after you've had your free trial.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not used the Shet ads website?

**mod edit** removed linkback

Such a good idea and no silly extras, just not enough buyers, although if we all used it as a dedicated 'buy and sell' page, who knows.

I can't seem to see anything about what it costs, after you've had your free trial.

Go to their 'detailed help' page, scroll down to number 14 -- it gives the prices

• 2 weeks later...

[mod]The following 8 posts (including this one) have been moved from the For Sale section to here[/mod]

i have 2 already..

Hmm, well why waste folks time replying on threads you obviously have no intention on buying? One thing shetlink doesnt need is folk posting cr*p (and SPAM) like you :twisted:

well folk do it to mine, seems to be an accepted part of Shetlink

I also dont like folk being ripped off

Well if you have two and you dont like people spamming sellers posts then you made a mistake posting on this thread if you have nothing constructive to say jog on and fight your crusade somehwere else.

If the item is overpriced then Im sure the seller will drop the price accordingly until it sells without any assistance from yourself.

Yes, I'm glad someone has evetually spoken up. A simple 'For Sale' thread seems to be open to all sorts of useless criticism. Looking back over various Sale threads, it seems to appear all to often. It would be good if this thread could be moderated a little bit more and have silly comments deleted. I feel like the comments left are being left purely to annoy people.

Theres things i'd like to sell, but at the moment, Ebay seems like the best trouble free option. :cry:

Any more pointless comments on ANY thread on Shetlink will be deleted without notice. I think the amount of threads beginning with 'Sold' would suggest that people do indeed sell things on Shetlink. :roll:

Indeed, I have bought and sold a few things on here (Donation due to Shetlink soon) :)

no one sells anything on shetlink anyhow

Now where could I find a coca-cola fridge stuffed full of Netherland Dwarf rabbits to trade for my Philips monitor? :wink:

the coca cola fridge is still sitting in Lerwick awaiting a buyer after repeated attempts to arrange for it to be picked up by its shetlink buyers, the rabbits went via adverts apart from 2 of them, however the only reason the came to shetland was because of a shetlink buyer in unst who wanted 4 of them, only to tell us when they got here that they didnt want them, then another shetlink buyer in unst let us down and as for the monitor I had to reduce it so I was almost giving it away

I was giving away warning triangles the other week for free, I couldnt even shift those! managed to pass on just 1!

as I say there will always be exceptions