Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Does anyone know what happens to a parcel once it arrives in the black hole that is 'Streamline'? They've be in possesion of a parcel of mine for over a week now and no sign of delivering it yet. And this is certainly not unusual when waiting for them to deliver - it seems to always take an extra 7-10 days. What's going on there?

:?

Does anyone know what happens to a parcel once it arrives in the black hole that is 'Streamline'? They've be in possesion of a parcel of mine for over a week now and no sign of delivering it yet. And this is certainly not unusual when waiting for them to deliver - it seems to always take an extra 7-10 days. What's going on there?

:?

I secretly think it is a ploy to annoy as many customers as possible, resulting in contracts being lost and to go out of business. I avoid Streamline like the plague!

^^^

:lol:

I wondered if they had a policy of holding parcels for a set period in the hope that people would trace the parcel to them and then go collect rather than continue to wait - thus they haven't actually had to deliver anything yet still claim payment for it. Lord knows, i've resorted to collecting things myself.

I would avoid them, but it's usually not an option or already in the 'black hole' before you have a chance to change anything.

they're short staffed, last time I heard. I've learnt to phone to rearrange delivery to a town centre address. As my work gets deliveries every other day I seem to get 48hr delivery from south coast of england.

Helps having a wierd name. When I lived south they used to deliver to my work no matter where it was addressed. Nothing quite like being famous. Or is that infamous.

^^ Strange. I've never had any bother with Streamline, everything tends to arrive within 7-10 days of dispatch, which is no worse than the rest, and better than some.

Maybe they recall pervious phonecalls I've made to them, and have decided I'm not someone to piss off.....I do tend to have nil patience, be direct and blunt, and speak in broad Shaetlan when on those kinds of calls....There was a lass with a strong toonie accent that always answered the phone for a while, I know I fazed her several times :lol:

In response to the gripe about Parcelforce - the reason it takes longer is due to them coming up on the boat rather than the plane. As a postie, I would also like to gripe - has anyone tried getting 3m lengths of guttering from Screwfix into the back of a Vauxhall Combo ?? :shock:

Yet if I took that to the Post Office they would refuse to take it due to it's size - or how about the parcel I had the other day which alongside the Parcelforce delivery note had a nice yellow sticker stating that "this parcel contravenes Parcelforces terms of carriage due to being over-sized". I still had to deliver it. Make sense - NO

• 2 weeks later...
In response to the gripe about Parcelforce - the reason it takes longer is due to them coming up on the boat rather than the plane. As a postie, I would also like to gripe - has anyone tried getting 3m lengths of guttering from Screwfix into the back of a Vauxhall Combo ?? :shock:

Yet if I took that to the Post Office they would refuse to take it due to it's size - or how about the parcel I had the other day which alongside the Parcelforce delivery note had a nice yellow sticker stating that "this parcel contravenes Parcelforces terms of carriage due to being over-sized". I still had to deliver it. Make sense - NO

As above,Parcel force comes up on the boat,so,for 24 it's 48 and for 48 it's72,then add on for the nort boat not coming up or arriving late and this will make your parcels late.

As for screwfix and their guttering,they don't go in the transits much better!

• 2 weeks later...