Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Wondering if anyone can help with this. We are looking to buy a 40 inch tv and the one we are dead set on we have found on amazon for a good price. Has anyone had such a large tv or item sent via amazon to Shetland?

We have used amazon for many other things in the past but their description of what they will or will not deliver to Shetland is vague at best. Any help would be appreciated as their help section doesn't seem to answer my question.

^^ Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I think you're probably gonna be out of luck:

For example large items, such as any item that is 30 kg or heavier, e.g. a widescreen television (larger than 26") or some fitness equipment can only be delivered to mainland UK

From here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_lnav_dyn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836

^^ I'd say IMHO they were pretty clear re the size - it deffo over 26" if it a 40" telly.

We got our telly from John Lewis and they were cheaper than Amazon. Granted, the courier lied to them re the delivery and it was late being delivery but hey, we got £50 off for the inconvenience!!

Thank you for the responses but I still think it is rather unclear. The item I want is only 21kg in its box. So not over the 30 kg limit and the example of the tv they give isnt clear as to if it is based on the size or weight. I think I may have to ring them to get a 100% clear explanation.

I bought a 40" Samsung LCD TV from Amazon last year - delivery was a fiver. I paid for it Monday night and was watching it by Friday lunchtime :D

The link to Amazon just mentions 30kg as the weight limit - I think their example of the 26" telly would refer to the weight of a big old lump of a CRT TV.

Thank you for the responses but I still think it is rather unclear. The item I want is only 21kg in its box. So not over the 30 kg limit and the example of the tv they give isnt clear as to if it is based on the size or weight. I think I may have to ring them to get a 100% clear explanation.

I bought a 40" Samsung LCD TV from Amazon last year - delivery was a fiver. I paid for it Monday night and was watching it by Friday lunchtime :D

The link to Amazon just mentions 30kg as the weight limit - I think their example of the 26" telly would refer to the weight of a big old lump of a CRT TV.

Thank you very much, you are in fact correct . And that is where my confusion lay because it states clearly the weight limit and gives a 26 inch tv as an example, as you say must be an old tv they mean.

Regardless I just spoke with Amazon and they stated the same thing. So I am off to go buy my shiny new tv right this second. Oh and they have given me the free shipping as well.

Thank you very much, you are in fact correct . And that is where my confusion lay because it states clearly the weight limit and gives a 26 inch tv as an example, as you say must be an old tv they mean.

Regardless I just spoke with Amazon and they stated the same thing. So I am off to go buy my shiny new tv right this second. Oh and they have given me the free shipping as well.

Cool :) I think I only paid the £5 as I forgot to select the 'free supersaver delivery option' :oops:

Purely out of interest, how much cheaper did you get the telly for when compared to buying it in Lerwick?

IIRC it was about £170 cheaper. Hydro had no stock left and said it would take a month to get more in.

Had they had it in stock and the price difference was £50ish I would have bought it from the Hydro shop instead.

I just wanted to add we ordered our tv on Monday and received it on Friday with the free shipping. The price difference between the town and amazon was £280 that is a HUGE difference and I am chuffed to bits that amazon offered such a great service.

Wasn't a Sony by any chance? :D

I just wanted to add we ordered our tv on Monday and received it on Friday with the free shipping. The price difference between the town and amazon was £280 that is a HUGE difference and I am chuffed to bits that amazon offered such a great service.

Wasn't a Sony by any chance? :D

Nope it was a Samsung :D