Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

• 4 weeks later...

I too am 14 days into waiting on a rather expensive parcel that was meant to be here within 3 days and I paid for that service, typical Ebay seller stuff.

So does anyone know who the agent is in Shetland who deals with UK mail courier?

I have rang them they say my item should have been with me early last week but apparently are trying to chase it up, but they dont seem to have a clue whose hands it is in here in Shetland.

Havwe you got your items yet? I came across this on another forum

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=181768

Has anyone used UK Mail courier services before ???

NIGHTMARE !!!

Had an account with these guys when they were Business post, and they were terrible then.

I run a small furniture company selling flat packed furniture across the uk, Items were often damaged, and lost. I managed to track down several of our lost items to an ebay seller in Bristol which apparently is an auction house selling (apparently) lost items from Business post. The amazing part of all this is our web address is printed in 20cm high letters all over a 160cm box with return address instructions inside.

What I found even more unbelievable was the fact the auction seller copied all our text and pictures from our website to advertised the lost item they were (apparently) selling on behalf of their supplier (Business Post).

I delved deeper into the seller on ebay to find a few thousand feedback score, listing high end computer systems and electrical goods (apparently) lost !!

I think after many months of failure to deliver because courier ran out of time, lost items, damaged items sent to my customers and even full vans sent to my business unable to even collect ??? I switched to UPS - I have used this company for nearly 12 months now and have not had a single complaint.

I wish i could say the same for UK Mail only im frustrated to the point of writing this due to them failing to yet again deliver a computer to me despite telling me "4 times today" it will be with me before 6pm, resulting in another whole day waisted.

Just hope its not on ebay tonight ey.

UK MAIL - The worst i ever dealt with !

Oh geeeezzzzzzzz this doesn't give me much hope of ever seeing my item. Thankfully I used paypal if it isnt here by Friday I am going to have to open a dispute and get my money back as this is getting all a bit silly.

I called UK Mail yesterday they did call me back and said the item hadn't arrived because of the delays with the boats last week. But now I am not so sure. Thanks very much for the heads up tho.

Unfortunately I had no idea who the eBay seller I bought from would be using for shipping until it was too late.

I will be sure to let everyone know if my item actually does arrive.

Last week I went to a large furniture store in the town, I usually buy online, but wanted a chair for my computer desk and thought I might get one. Inside the afore mentioned store he has certain items which are not priced, you have to ask the price and are given a figure. All 4 leather chairs on display were coincidently all 95 pounds each when I enquired. Luckily he told me the name of the chair in question and I saw the manufacture label as well. After a quick exit and 3 minutes on google the same seat was ordered for 41 quid, free delivery to the door from Viking direct .

So big thumbs up for them, and another lesson in why the town shops are strangling themselves ......

WARNING - HDNL have a bad reputation all of their own, and are not always the fastest at handing items over to streamline.

I ordered a laptop from amazon on 29oct. It was dispatched very quickly and according to the tracking it was in aberdeen on 01nov. Needless to say i have still not recieved it and im having to chase it up on a daily basis, however amazon keep telling me to wait another few days and are taking their time to do anything about it! :evil:

WARNING - HDNL have a bad reputation all of their own, and are not always the fastest at handing items over to streamline.

I ordered a laptop from amazon on 29oct. It was dispatched very quickly and according to the tracking it was in aberdeen on 01nov. Needless to say i have still not recieved it and im having to chase it up on a daily basis, however amazon keep telling me to wait another few days and are taking their time to do anything about it! :evil:

Most expensive things ordered from Amazon seem to reach me via City Link which is handled by WDA within Shetland. Normally very reliable although like anyone else they would have been subject to Northlink calculations.