Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Matressman in Norfolk, cheap beds and free delivery to Shetland. Already mentioned earlier on this post but anyone looking to replace a bed, they are worth a look. Ordered a 4 drawer divan bed and a double matress, picked delivery date and Streamline turned up on schedule. Two lads carried in the four large boxes and put them upstairs. Excellent service from Matressman and Streamline !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes HDNL is delivered by Streamline (unfortunatley), but yes amazon sometimes do send things with citylink which seems to be very quick delivery by WDA. :D

Ah ha, was about to ask who deliver HDNL stuff up here. Ordered new memory foam mattress off Amazon and according to the tracking, has been sat in Aberdeen since 31st December with delivery due 6th January. Mmm, now I wonder if Streamline are going to turn up tomorrow with it or should I call them? Hope this delivery proves to be better than my previous dealings with Streamline!

I have two items on order that Amazon say will be delivered today by HDNL. Now aside from any weather related disruption I would still be surprised if they did arrive today. But who is to blame?. Is it Amazon for quoting an unduly optimistic delivery date, is it HDNL for giving Amazon an unduly optimistic delivery date or are Streamline simply not doing what HDNL is paying them to do?. Or should HDNL simply not give delivery dates for Shetland.

I am reluctant to blame Streamline alone as they do handle a hell of a lot of deliveries for multiple companies and, as I have said before, some of them have higher priority than others depending on what level of service the company sending the goods and their original carrier have paid Streamline for but it would be great if someone from Streamline was to come on Shetlink and defend their company.

I would also like to remind all those who get free/cheap delivery to Shetland via Streamline that there are plenty of other carriers out there who apply huge surcharges to deliveries to Shetland or even just will not accept packages for here at all.

And just to clarify things I do not work for Amazon/HDNL or Streamline.

Remember that Northlink's freight boat which should have been in Lerwick yesterday (Thursday) morning returned to Aberdeen last night. The freight onboard probably won't get here till tomorrow.

Streamline would probably have had freight aboard her, but it's hardly their fault.

Remember that Northlink's freight boat which should have been in Lerwick yesterday (Thursday) morning returned to Aberdeen last night. The freight onboard probably won't get here till tomorrow.

Streamline would probably have had freight aboard her, but it's hardly their fault.

^^ Well my goods are indeed on that particular ship. I have telephoned Northlink who are going to try to transfer as much as possible to the passenger ship for tonight's sailing.

Amazon/Sellers on there have a choice as to whom they use for delivery and their computer software programs factor in bank holidays re delivery dates. Likewise, the mainland courier companies have a choice as to whom to sub-contract to up here.

Streamline, Northwards and the others have a CHOICE as to which freight package they choose to use with Northlink.

I try to encourage as many suppliers as possible to use Royal Mail (If within the weight restrictions) because at least we know it'll get flown in!

What I do find infuriating is the so-called lack of tracking from Aberdeen. Other offshore islands (Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, etc.) manage it - why not here?

If any courier company ever says they don't know what is on the freight ship then they should remember that they have a Manifest and they should be able to tie that up with what was loaded into what shipping container. It is hardly rocket science in this day and age.

No, it is not Streamline's fault that the new freight vessel had engine problems and there were also the bank holidays but at other times of year, it is their fault re what package they choose to use for carrying their freight onboard Northlink.

Now they reckon Monday for delivery - mmm - do they deliver each day down the south end then because they never used to!

I ordered a TV , Blu-ray , Cables and Bracket all on 29 Dec from seperate places . Everything is here except the television, should be here sometime next week ... No prizes for guessing who is the only courier I have not seen this week !!

I phoned them yesterday and was told if I ordered it after christmas they wouldnt have it yet as they have not had a boat !!

Had a delivery from WDA (citylink) today at 5.30pm, yet again another thumbs up. dispatch notice was only recieved yesterday, so by all accounts that's faster than Royalmail, talking of which we don't seem to have a had a delivery in a couple of days... not since it started snowing.