Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Had a delivery from WDA (citylink) today at 5.30pm, yet again another thumbs up. dispatch notice was only recieved yesterday, so by all accounts that's faster than Royalmail, talking of which we don't seem to have a had a delivery in a couple of days... not since it started snowing.

That's because the mail plane was stuck down at SA yesterday or the day before.

Had a delivery from WDA (citylink) today at 5.30pm, yet again another thumbs up. dispatch notice was only recieved yesterday, so by all accounts that's faster than Royalmail, talking of which we don't seem to have a had a delivery in a couple of days... not since it started snowing.

That's because the mail plane was stuck down at SA yesterday or the day before.

Ooo Arr were be SA ?

I ordered a TV , Blu-ray , Cables and Bracket all on 29 Dec from seperate places . Everything is here except the television, should be here sometime next week ... No prizes for guessing who is the only courier I have not seen this week !!

I phoned them yesterday and was told if I ordered it after christmas they wouldnt have it yet as they have not had a boat !!

Should've bought local;)

I ordered a TV , Blu-ray , Cables and Bracket all on 29 Dec from seperate places . Everything is here except the television, should be here sometime next week ... No prizes for guessing who is the only courier I have not seen this week !!

I phoned them yesterday and was told if I ordered it after christmas they wouldnt have it yet as they have not had a boat !!

Should've bought local;)

Would if I could afford to or even get what I wanted .... I am doing my bit to support the local carriers ;)

Oh how I wish Shetlink had been around in the early 2000's!

I tried to weed out the companies who delivered, didn't or did but charged, and put them all together in a site called isleshop.co.uk, but gave up my cause after about 6 years due to lack of interest.

One or two small victories along the way, namely Screwfix and John Lewis who both changed their delivery policies following some email pestering from me (and all who viewed and commented in isleshop).

I did have a template email - will have to dig around to find it now - that I used in my pesterings. It quoted some figures about the customer base they were missing out on by exclusion, from memory it was a population of 220,000 working adults (remember isleshop served the entire H&I - or "Remote Regions" as the shops called us) all eager to shop with big high street outlets, due to lack of them in our area.

My advice is to all who are dissatisfied with delivery extortion is to complain en masse to the retailers.

Perhaps someone with more time than I have enoo could update the figures; working adult population (of all remote areas affected), average spend, totals therein - when I worked it out it came to several million pounds that the retailers were actively ignoring, and when I told John Lewis they were pretty quick to act. At the end of the day these companies are based in big cities far from us, and likely believe us to be a few lonely yokels who get by on salt fish and mutton - let's educate them en masse.

I've not looked through the whole thread so sorry if this been mentioned, but www.toolstation.co.uk deliver to Shetland free via Royal Mail. They are very similar to Screwfix but free delivery kicks in for orders above £10 instead of Screwfix and their £50. The prices are much about the same, cheaper on some items and dearer on others. The lower spend for free delivery handy for the odd box of nails!

Are Streamline making deliveries yet? Still waiting for goods that were ordered on Boxing Day... :(

When I called on Friday (as mentioned above), they said delivery Monday. I didn't believe them and I was correct in that assumption. I telephoned Monday morning and was told they would call me back - they didn't. At approximately 3.50pm, I telephoned again and this time insisted on speaking with a Manager/Supervisor. I explained that I knew said parcel was on the broken down Northlink vessel; however, that they had stated I would get delivery on Monday. I was told I could either collect it or it would be Tuesday. I then spoke with said Supervisor and let rip, advising how I tend to have the most problems with Streamline. Again, they said Tuesday. I reiterated that their staff had said Monday and given the time of day, I expected my delivery to be done that day (Monday).

Full credit to Streamline on this - they delivered at just before 6pm. I did mention to them that I had posted on here and would be posting an update praising them for delivering said goods on the Monday - appreciated.

So K, suggest you give them a call because yes, they are doing deliveries!

how many other folks parcels were delayed because they had to send out someone for your parcel. what was wrong with tuesday. unlink i can understand that your annoyed with poor service but your not being reasonable you are a 50 mile round trip for them they are being reasonable by suggesting a tuesday if that is when they are next in your area.