Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

how many other folks parcels were delayed because they had to send out someone for your parcel. what was wrong with tuesday. unlink i can understand that your annoyed with poor service but your not being reasonable you are a 50 mile round trip for them they are being reasonable by suggesting a tuesday if that is when they are next in your area.

It didn't affect anyone else's delivery - one of their drivers lives down this end.

Streamline now deliver EACH day to EACH part of the island. I am being perfectly reasonable - when I telephoned them on Friday and they said delivery on Monday, I queried this and asked if they would have time to offload it off said vessel on the Saturday and get it loaded onto the van. They said they would and it would definitely be with me Monday. What is NOT reasonable is when staff aren't honest with you - had they said it would be Tuesday and given the delays due to the boat then fine but they didn't. I for one won't be fobbed off with unreliable information from couriers. This package should have been delivered by 6 January at the latest but as I have said above, not their fault that the new freight ship broke down (But is their fault as to what freight service they buy off Northlink).

Hope you understand where I'm coming from now.

I reckon that if enough people with a ZE postcode complain to the company supplying the goods then something might eventually happen. Of course there is the possibility that the company would either decide not to deliver to Shetland or would switch to a more expensive carrier for Shetland deliveries leaving the customer to pay.

I never did get an apology from DHL having waited at home all day on the date I was given for a return parcel to be collected. Lots of irrelevant comments about not authorising collections because of snow but no "sorry" for my wasted time. Eventually the supplier (Amazon) got City Link to make the collection which they did on the day and within the time slot promised.

My DHL deliveries come either via Northwards or Parcel Force. I have had two items go astray and it is a nightmare getting information out of DHL. However, Northwards have always done their utmost to trace the parcels and if they haven't received them from DHL at Aberdeen, have tended to be honest and have said so, resulting in me contacting said firm in Germany and getting replacement goods sent out.

Regardless of whether from abroad or from within the UK, I tend to find that DHL deliveries take 7-8 days to arrive.

I've read a few pages of this topic tonight and find it ammusing that some of you fine people never seem to be happy.

You complain that you can't get decent service or products at prices you want to pay from local retailers/supplier. Or that when you query why prices of items are cheaper on the net than locally and you get told, 'well thats because you have to allow for freight charges'.

You then login to Shetlink and start complaing in this thread about shipping costs, delays in shipping and generally bitching about anything and everything because your package is not on your lap as soon as you click 'buy' on you computer(slight exageration but you know what I'm trying to say).

Sorry, just something I noticed and had to share as I'm home alone tonight! :D

Keep smiling people!

Cheers

ps I bought a compact camera today from The Camera Centre, cheaper than the net, great service and I'm taking pictures of myself just now, with a happy face because delivery was impeccable! :D :D

ps I bought a compact camera today from The Camera Centre, cheaper than the net, great service and I'm taking pictures of myself just now, with a happy face because delivery was impeccable! :D :D

Which camera did you buy and how much did you pay for it?

I've read a few pages of this topic tonight and find it ammusing that some of you fine people never seem to be happy.

You complain that you can't get decent service or products at prices you want to pay from local retailers/supplier. Or that when you query why prices of items are cheaper on the net than locally and you get told, 'well thats because you have to allow for freight charges'.

You then login to Shetlink and start complaing in this thread about shipping costs, delays in shipping and generally bitching about anything and everything because your package is not on your lap as soon as you click 'buy' on you computer(slight exageration but you know what I'm trying to say). ...

No doubt you've also noticed when people, including myself, state what good service we have received.

Which camera did you buy and how much did you pay for it?

It's a Sony DSC-h55 Cybershot for £180 take away a penny! :D

Trying to figure it out just now, nearly as bloody complicated as my bloody DSLR!

Cheers

Yes, but that is instant delivery (in the hand) without delivery costs and with instant comback if anything goes wrong. Sometimes that's worth paying a bit more for.

Totally correct Girzie!

Paulb, I agree with you too, Amazon are usually hard to beat and usually when I say 'cheaper than the net' I mean Amazon because if you find something cheaper anywhere else they are usually unrated companies and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Anyway better get BOT!

Cheers