Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Presumably handover to Streamline is when the tracking shows a package as "out for delivery" and even bearing in mind that "free delivery" parcels may well be coming north on Streamline's own boat I think 10 days from an Aberdeen handover to delivery in Lerwick (which I have experienced) is really a bit much. Not at Christmas I hasten to add as delays can be expected then.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered this from Ikea about 3 weeks ago and Shetland Transport took it up:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79825211/

Now, i screwed up to begin with as I ordered the cushion padding and cover thinking i was ordering the chair. This cost me £14.99.

I then ordered the chair carcas this cost me £45.

Anyway, I got an invoice through the door from Shetland Transport today

£25.80 for the carriage on the chair padding and cover.

£36.00 for the carriage on the chair carcas.

£62 carriage for a chair that cost me £59.99

I'm definately in the wrong line of work

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yeh, called today and the lady thinks there must be a mistake so will get back to me on Monday.

I'm actually glad I did phone as I wasn't going to, was just going to pay in full as punishment to myself for not reading the small print re charges.

We'll see what happens on Monday, the lady on the phone was very understanding :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest posiedon
Could be a bit concerning now that TESCO have "listened " to their customers and have decided to lift the surcharge on items from their TESCO direct catalogue . What will be the implications for Argos, etc.......... :ponders:
As I said a couple of weeks ago, Argos charged me £6 for delivery to Lerwick of a small item that only cost £14 (couldn't get one in Shetland) and could have been sent direct to my address by royal mail for less.

You reap what you sow and while I'm very much an Atescoist, I think Argos need to look at their custom and practice.

Personally I gave up on Argos after they moved from Garthspool, but I would think much wider implications. Just a pity Tesco will not " listen " to their customers re a petrol station !
I am certain they will have listened but, having done the maths, decided that it was not worth their while building/buying a petrol station and then selling fuel from the wholesaler at a loss or bringing up their own.

• 2 weeks later...
Parcel arrived this morning 10:05, 2nd Class recorded Post, ordered online yesterday 12:26. Royal Mail takes a bit of beating. ( Company in Essex ).

Well I a tad gobsmacked right now too ...

... Parcel sent from England by Royal Mail Standard Parcels on 5 November and got here today despite being addressed to Tobad. :shock:

Have just been informed by the service centre replacing my daughters faulty adapter, that the fully working netbook they MADE us return with the power supply arrived BROKEN. They're having to replace the harddrive and the laptop casing.

NOT surprised after hearing the CRASH as we watched the Driver THROW the crate into the van.

Furious, especially as it took so long for the company involved to admit they even had the crate to pick it up in. Which according to the service centre would "protect the item from any damage in transit".

AND YES I HAVE PUT IN COMPLAINTS - with any luck the courier service will look again at which agent it uses here in Shetland.

I Have bought lot of things from south and some companies seem to think they can charge as much postage as they like because we live in Shetland that is of course rubbish.I bought a small battery for a digital camera the other day it cost £3.95 and the postage was £8.95 that's right £8.95 i e-mail them and asked why it was so much they e-mailed me but the answer was a bit lame so i bought one from somewhere else for £4.00 and free postage it pays to shop about .As for delivery times i bought the camera from Amazon on Sunday night and it arrived on Wednesday that was royal mail .

I find this company a pretty good one to deal with and currently free postage. ( normally £3.99 ) quote :- Unlike many companies, we deliver to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and outlying areas at no extra cost to you. However, as you can understand, deliveries to these locations may take a little longer.

cheep ! cheep !..

I find this company a pretty good one to deal with and currently free postage. ( normally £3.99 ) quote :- Unlike many companies, we deliver to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and outlying areas at no extra cost to you. However, as you can understand, deliveries to these locations may take a little longer.

cheep ! cheep !..

Me thinks I like them too :wink: Who the blooming heck are they then? :?