Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking through my case for a repair, apparently the receipt I got from Streamline is wrong (dated the 9th) they apparently picked up my unit on the 15th, this I assume was made up to explain why it took 8days to reach the Mainland, sorry according to streamline 2days.

So my unit is being returned through UPS again, when Northwards had the contract it was 3days each way, anyone got any experience of how long they take to get the packages back again? Do I expect them to be as slow getting it back to me?

My wife ordered a small sofa from a well-known department store and within 48 hours we had a phone call to say it had been despatched to their deliveries, who had signed it over to a third-party delivery firm in Aberdeen, and should be with us next day.

Two and a half weeks later, I called to ask where the sofa was. The store traced it to... yup, Streamline Shipping.

I called Streamline to ask if they had it and got the old, "Hmmm, no, it certainly doesn't sound familiar, and if we had it at all, it would certainly be out with you by now." I choked back my laughter and waited on hold while they checked, to make sure. Lo and behold! I was then told "You're in luck, it just came off the boat this morning". We had it the next day, with the packaging COVERED in bird droppings. I believe - I cannot prove, but I believe - it had sat down at the depot since the day after we received the call. Either that, or it was on the quayside in Aberdeen. Either way, it was in their hands...

Their business can (surely!) only stay afloat through such third-party contracts with national delivery agencies, as opposed to locally obtained business, surely to God??

:?

I have never had a problem with delivery from streamline but i would always get a quote from them as they have different prices for different people. I have also found the same of Shetland transport, Northwards have been the most honest for pricing in my experience. Getting a quote can save quite a few hundred pound.

Maybe that explains it. Maybe it's that our deliveries have been third party with them, rather than paying them directly. Maybe they give preference to those who do pay them direct.

John, are you a native Shetlander? Some of my colleagues, who are (I'm not), are of the belief that unfortunately this counts some times... I don't know. I'm just curious.

Does anyone know who does pick up in Shetland for TNT as they seem unwilling to tell us as want to know when some boxes will be collected had been told by company that TNT will come yesterday ?

You'll be glad to know it's streamline.... you could try the "local" TNT office

Aberdeen (linked to TNT Aberdeen Terminal)

TNT UK Ltd

Unit 7 & 8 Forties Centre

Haress Circle

Altens Industrial Estate

Aberdeen

AB12 3LY

Opening hours : 08.00 - 17.00

Tel : 01224 875665

Someone explain to me why streamline takes 8days for a delivery that Northwards did in 3? Apparently my delivery date is Tuesady 28th, having been dispatched on Monday 20th. I've had items take less time from China & New Zealand. So frustrated, just want it returned in 1 piece, working, this has been one of the most stressful 3weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Placed an order with an Anglers Choice at the weekend for an item which was advertised with free p&p, but ended up being charged £5 carriage for being overseas! Just emailed them to show my dismay at this, they use royal mail/ parcelforce 48 and are based in Dundee, yet charge extra for delivery to Highlands and Islands. I pointed out to them we are in the UK and Royal Mail does not charge extra for postage to us, and that the Office of Fair Trading are looking into the high delivery charges to the Highlands and Islands. It will be interesting to see if they reply!

Placed an order with an Anglers Choice at the weekend for an item which was advertised with free p&p, but ended up being charged £5 carriage for being overseas! Just emailed them to show my dismay at this, they use royal mail/ parcelforce 48 and are based in Dundee, yet charge extra for delivery to Highlands and Islands. I pointed out to them we are in the UK and Royal Mail does not charge extra for postage to us, and that the Office of Fair Trading are looking into the high delivery charges to the Highlands and Islands. It will be interesting to see if they reply!
But if your order came with Parcelforce 48 then they do charge extra for Shetland.