Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

As far as I am aware parcelforce used to charge extra to deliver here but not now. Received parcel today and it was just sent by Royal Mail. No reply to the email I sent them so far!
I stand corrected. Parcelforce have indeed reverted to a single UK price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beware of UPS - they will definitely deliver to Shetland but - well, read on:

I bought something recently from south. I asked about delivery and the company said "Don't worry, we use UPS, they deliver to Shetland."

So, anyway... the item was collected from them by UPS on 4th May, and arrived in Dundee the following day - where it has been gathering dust ever since.

UPS's tracking site lists the following excuse against it: "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily. / Delivery rescheduled." That was on 8th May...

Mattressman do free delivery to Shetland too and are pretty good pricewise with a large range of beds, mattresses, sofa beds, etc.
Sad to say they no longer do free delivery. Indeed they now charge £42 for Shetland. That said they could still be competitive.

Mattressman do free delivery to Shetland too and are pretty good pricewise with a large range of beds, mattresses, sofa beds, etc.
Sad to say they no longer do free delivery. Indeed they now charge £42 for Shetland. That said they could still be competitive.

:cry:

Beware of UPS - they will definitely deliver to Shetland but - well, read on:

UPS's tracking site lists the following excuse against it: "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily. / Delivery rescheduled." That was on 8th May...

Not uncommon, and to understand why this happens it's because national courier companies don't make money in Shetland or rural areas, they make a loss.

But they're obligated to deliver nationally. So they want to get as much onto a fixed price pallet as possible to reduce losses, and that means delaying items and higher prices. Also factor in that they don't have the volume of Royal Mail.