Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Not easy to get a fixed pallet price, Streamline charged me £250 for a pallet of kitchen units and a 3m worktop. The fixed pallet price i was given was £75 plus vat per pallet !

That seems high for 1 pallet and a loose item, did you question it?

Last week i priced an indirect copper cylinder 117L from build base Lerwick. The price i was given was £300 which i was told was a good price. On checking with ebay the same cylinder from a company "coppercylinder" was for sale £149 delivered to any uk mainland address . I had one delivered to Northwards who charged £15 to deliver to lerwick. Nice margin Build Base if you can get it!

• 2 weeks later...

About a year ago I also had a hot water cylinder delivered to Aberdeen but chose Shetland Transport for onward delivery to Lerwick who up till then I had found reasonable.

They charged me £55.57 so well done Northward.

A different topic but have a word with a plumber or two before installing copper tank/pipework here in Shetland.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems dealing with John Lewis when it comes to obtaining delivery information? I ordered a washing machine 11 days ago, and despite lots of phone calls they will not tell me who in Shetland deals with the deliveries. So far the customer services department of JL have given me 4 different delivery days, but without knowing who does the deliveries up here I am a bit stuck. Any ideas anyone?

Has anyone else had problems dealing with John Lewis when it comes to obtaining delivery information? I ordered a washing machine 11 days ago, and despite lots of phone calls they will not tell me who in Shetland deals with the deliveries. So far the customer services department of JL have given me 4 different delivery days, but without knowing who does the deliveries up here I am a bit stuck. Any ideas anyone?

Try Hendersons, they delivered our freezer.

I'm not 100% sure but it might be JBT. I recall seeing some lettering on the side of the lorry but can only vaguely remember the livery - think it might have had red/black, possibly with yellow or white - so long ago now for me to remember precisely! I had problems getting a TV delivered (one excuse was that it was in Inverness and would be delivered that afternoon) It wasn't the Shetland courier's fault, it was the courier who sub-contracted to them who were lying to John Lewis. It might also be the case that the washing machine comes direct from the manufacturer as opposed to John Lewis themselves? On the plus side, if they go over the delivery date, they do give a gesture of goodwill payment.

• 1 month later...

[***Mod edit - merged threads***]

I have bought something via ebay and the seller has used Yodel as the courier. Unfortunately, the seller was selling two things and apparently Yodel have the affixed the labels wrongly and someone else has got my item and I am due to be delivered their item.

The ebay seller has contacted me, very apologetically, to request that I "refuse" the item when it is delivered so that it can go back south to the seller. The seller says that they are getting my item back from the other buyer and will then get it sent to me correctly.

Does anyone know who delivers up here on behalf of Yodel so that I can phone them up to save time and the effort of getting a "refused" delivery?

Also, how does the local courier then arrange to get the erroneous item back down south to the seller? Do they have a record of the seller's address?