Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

^^

I was thinking similarly.

This is the message I received today to tell me about it:

Hi Dave, I am so sorry but I have sold 2 stereos and just had a message back from the other buyer stating that the courier has put the wrong stickers on the boxes and sent them the wrong way round! Please refuse the item at the door when it arrives and I will either refund or get the other one sent out to you (at my cost as I will claim the money back from yodel). Thank you and so sorry once again. Please do not accept the package at the door. Thanks,

I have checked on ebay and the stereo that is, I understand, about to be delivered to me in error, is not much better than a cheapie radio cassette player which I definitely don't want.

In response to the seller's message, I asked her when I can expect to receive the stereo I paid for as I will ask for a refund if it isn't with 2 weeks. She is yet to reply to me.

i would start a dispute as this has the smell of a con. by refusing you may effect your rights. i would ask ebay for advice. i had problems and paypal were very helpful. check there history and number of sales.

they could be honest but is it worth the risk

Thanks, paulb.

There definitely is a package on the way up here as she provided me with a Yodel tracking number when she sent it out on Tuesday last week. I have been tracking it and it was in Aberdeen on Thursday.

If I start up a case with ebay in the morning, the item could well have been brought here and refused by me before ebay get back to me about it.

By the way, I paid for it with paypal so I have cover with them as well if it all goes wrong.

Thanks for all the comments.

I rang Streamline to "refuse" the item this morning and to save them having to bring it out to me here.

My wife has read all the ebay messages from the seller about this and, with her female intuition, feels that the seller is genuine about what she is saying. I will see how it progresses now but, as fionajohn has just written, I have 45 days to raise a case about it so I can wait for now. If there is a case raised by me, I have all the ebay messages from the seller as evidence so that is reassuring anyway.

IMO way too early to raise a dispute or give negative feedback - people make mistakes, it's what they do about it that counts. If you don't hear anything in a month then you can start complaining.

Logistically the easiest thing to do for all concerned is to refuse the item - it goes straight back and all billing/tracking is under the same job. Kudos for phoning the courier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay DPD? please someone tell me it's not Streamline.

On a brighter note received item from the States ordered last week with an estimated delivery time of 5-6weeks. The "next day delivery" items ordered at the same time are somewhere in that mystery zone known as Streamline, I do wish folks would give me the option of not using them, I'd be willing to pay extra not to have to chase up items.

Time to say this again. Streamline might be a bit slow (snail paced at times) and they tend to get overwhelmed at Christmas but the thing to remember is that they provide cheap services for mainland carriers who might otherwise add a huge surcharge for Shetland or simply say they do not deliver here. Even some of the free delivery suppliers might think again if costs went up.

But it's cheaper, quicker and more reliable to send by Royal Mail. You're also more likely for it to arrive in one piece. Two out of 3 packages from the same source arrived today. The third is the one with the real breakables in, I'd have liked to receive my order in one go, just in case, just to give me time to replace anything.

Have deleted rest of my rant. It's just all so frustrating.