Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

• 3 months later...

I suspect this possibly relates to items that may be sent by Royal Mail and could include ""Any product that contains flammable, pressurised, corrosive, environmentally hazardous or otherwise harmful substances are classified as dangerous goods."".  This is down to increased restrictions on what Royal Mail flights may carry.  As dishwasher tabs are possibly corrosive and airlines are not too keen on corrosion in aeroplanes that could be the explanation.

I suspect this possibly relates to items that may be sent by Royal Mail and could include ""Any product that contains flammable, pressurised, corrosive, environmentally hazardous or otherwise harmful substances are classified as dangerous goods."".  This is down to increased restrictions on what Royal Mail flights may carry.  As dishwasher tabs are possibly corrosive and airlines are not too keen on corrosion in aeroplanes that could be the explanation.

It was Fairy dishwasher tablets. I recieved an email from them stating it was in connection with damage caused to packages coming to Shetland. I emailed them back asking if this was not a matter for their couriers

Edited by brian.smith

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anybody know who delivers for Amazon in Shetland?

Lots of people.  Bigger things seem to come with Hermes (JBT) if lower value and Citylink (WDA) if expensive while I get lots of smaller things via Royal Mail.  Got one small thing recently sent by Deutsche Post DHL but Royal Mail delivered that.  Mostly Amazon tell you who they have sent things with once they are dispatched but remember Marketplace sellers use their own carriers unless marked "Fulfilled by Amazon".  Not sure if they use Yodel any more.

Thanks for that.  It's a carpet cleaner.  Made the mistake of forgetting to change the delivery address.  Need to take it south for a house we need to clean and wasn't sure it would arrive before we left so was intending to have it delivered to a neighbour.  Was just wondering who the Couriers were so I could contact them if it hadn't arrived as I know they are often stored there till the company is making a delivery in our area.

Does anybody know who delivers for Amazon in Shetland?

Lots of people.  Bigger things seem to come with Hermes (JBT) if lower value and Citylink (WDA) if expensive while I get lots of smaller things via Royal Mail.  Got one small thing recently sent by Deutsche Post DHL but Royal Mail delivered that.  Mostly Amazon tell you who they have sent things with once they are dispatched but remember Marketplace sellers use their own carriers unless marked "Fulfilled by Amazon".  Not sure if they use Yodel any more.

Please note that JBT have taken over CityLink deliveries in Shetland from WDA (see www.wdaparcels.co.uk). 

Edited by tooney1

• 3 months later...