Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

I ordered chairs online from them. After a month they hadn't been sent, finally they told me they didn't deliver to shetland. If I hadn't phoned I guess they would never have been dispatched. Whilst on the phone they cancelled my order.

They were ok with it being put to a shipping agent in Aberdeen so I reordered and put shetland transport delivery address in Aberdeen and told them to expect it. So I had to pay shetland transport some shipping but it was reasonable priced. M&S used to deliver big items as I've had some over the years. It's maybe changed again as this was last autumn. It took several phone calls to finally be told what the issue was.

Well after spending half the morning on live chat phoning various phone numbers I was given, Marks and Spencers have finally confirmed they don't deliver furniture to Shetland. This is in spite of me receiving a confirmation email and my credit card being deducted. Pretty poor customer service -not happy at all. Why couldn't they say when you place your order with the address and postcode that they don't deliver to that destination. If I hadn't kept on at them for a delivery date I wouldn't have known it hadn't even been dispatched. Their customer service wasn't brilliant either - they've gone down in my estimations. Rant over!!!!

Why am I not surprised. Once they take your money, knowing your address, they effectively agree to a Contract of Sale to supply you with those goods. To go back because they suddenly discover where Shetland in on the map is a pathetic excuse, imho.

Bye bye M&S. No wonder your shares are falling.

My suggestion fwiw, Tweet the world about how dischuffed you are.

Ok will do Frances.  I have posted it on their Facebook page and have had a response. I have sent them the details and they are supposedly going to look into it.  If you look further up this discussion you will see this happened to someone else last Autumn so it has been going on for a while.

Done!

Frances Taylor

Frances Taylor @Thordale

@marksandspencer #badcustomerservice to screw #Shetland resident by taking order & money & then refusing delivery to #northernisles #shoddy

11:16 am · 17 Aug 2017

(On bed rest! Can't you tell? Bored!)

Well done Frances.  Not blaming M & S or any company for not offering a delivery service for larger items to Shetland but they should have a system to say so when a customer tries to place an order.  In fact I tried checking on their website and found this ""All the products on our website can be delivered to a UK address, except for Food to Order which you can collect in store from a participating UK store of your choice."" and I could not find an exception for furniture to remote areas.

• 3 months later...
Guest Mr.Brown

I'm fairly sure it is Streamline that deliver for DPD as I made an enquiry a few months ago about Hermes & was informed they also deliver for several others including DPD I'm sure. Give their Lerwick office a call Monday, don't think they are open Saturday. Hope this is helpful, good luck.

Guest Mr.Brown

I don't think I have had anything via DPD but I have had numerous parcels via Hermes & a couple of other companies I can't mind at the moment. Streamline sub contract the delivering to another local company for the south end. I have never had to sign for any, I thought the courier signed (electronically) to say when they delivered but I might be wrong. They were very helpful with me at the Lerwick office so try them.