Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

Different strokes for different folks ... If you want something now and don`t mind paying extra , and can get what you want locally go for it . If you want to save a few quid, unlimited choice, and are prepared to wait buy of the net. Even when I lived in Aberdeen I bought of the internet sometimes ... It`s not right or wrong ...

But this thread does seem to be gone waaay off topic !

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking about all the complaints about Streamline and yes a lot of them are fairly reasonable complaints but the thread about "Ship to Me" got me thinking. Streamline handles lots of deliveries for companies that offer either free or low cost delivery on the UK mainland and effectively means we can shop from those companies without having to pay a shipping surcharge.

Sure Streamline are slow.......my last delivery averaged 17mph from the sender to Aberdeen and 1.2mph from Aberdeen to my home in Lerwick......but maybe we all ought to get used to the idea that if we want cheap shipping Streamline are the people to do it. But Streamline, if you are reading this then a little faster would be good.

Hmmmm, I'm in da middle o a running battle wi DFS over my "new" couch... was meant to be delivered by streamline, only it got damaged in transit... Originally, DFS wanted me to accept delivery, and they would (in their own words) EVENTUALLY get one of their reps up to fix it. Told them there was no bloody way that was happening as i wasn't accepting anything that wasn't fit for use... Now they want to repair it and send it back... they'll come round to my way of thinking originally - NEW OR NOT AT ALL!!!!

Anyway, the point of that rant was, although you coud probably go to Aberdeen and pick it up yourself quicker than streamline delivers, I actually can't fault them on this, as they phoned me up as soon as they realised there was a problem, and were very helpful as to what to do next!!! So, boo DFS, you're useless, and streamline, you may be as slow as the sun on the wall, but your customer skills are pretty good!!!

• 1 month later...

My recent dealings with Northwards have left me perplexed.

I was expecting an urgent parecl sent via DHL ,who did their bit well, Northwards attempted to deliver but no one was in, and thats not their fault.

So what happens next? Well when I phoned to "Arrange delivery" as it said on the yelow card, I was told that it could be four or five days before the van was in my area again.

What kind of delivery service is this, when you have to make a sixty mile round trip to colect your parcel, or wait up to five days?

At least change your calling card to something like,"We tried to deliver a parcel today and cannot be arsed to come back, please come and fetch it"

Yesterday Streamline delivered 2 parcels to me. Yes I got the same delivery costs as I would have I lived on the UK mainland but as for service. Streamline took 7 days and 9 hours from the time the parcels were handed to them in Aberdeen until they reached me in Lerwick. Even for a budget service that really is a bit slow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered a nice new TV from amazon on sunday (sorry local retailers, I did look in your shops and I dont mind paying a little extra to buy something locally but I cant afford to throw away £100) I was delighted to see that it was to be delivered by citylink, That WDA parcels guy is always fast. I didnt expect it to be this fast, the TV left the midlands on monday morning and arrived on my doorstep today (Wednesday) at 12 noon, and this was free delivery. I thanked the WDA guy for his speedy delivery and was told the reason he is so fast is that he delivers all over every day.

I will make my decision on which internet shop to buy a certain item from not only by cost but by who is delivering it. I would say that here in shetland you cant beat the Royal mail and WDA parcels. Anywhere else and you know the item will get to Aberdeen or Lerwick fairly quick but after that who knows how long it will lie in the toon before someone bothers to come out and deliver it. I had a new laptop I'd ordered a few years ago reach the depot in Aberdeen of a company I wont name and it simply dissapeared. If I hadn't bought it with my credit card and been able to just get the money back I dont know what I would have done as when I phoned the company I ordered it from the said that thier records showed that I had recieved it.

Anyway. Rant over. I just came on to say City Link is great because that WDA guy is great. I'm off to play wi my new TV.

this is a wee bit of the topic but as last post was about a tv lol

just bought a new one from the electrical shop (not hydro) and 46" sony 3d tv for a very very good price!! even did the cheeky thing of getting model numbers etc from them and checking online prices (and reviews) and they were cheapest in UK as they actually told me this was very true!!!! and i got 3d stuff for free!!

because of this i will most likely buy my new kettle and toster from them so well done!! sometimes the local guys do well and it was delivered in a week!!

i was surprised!

Nothing cheeky about checking online prices Engineer thats a given for most people nowadays.

Anyway I agree with Sga, WDA parcels and the Royal Mail are usually pretty spot on with parcel deliveries, never had any problems with them at all.