Companies who deliver to Shetland & Courier Agents

admin

I buy my 20kg bags of dog food from the vets,why don't you support local business and do the same? they will happily order in your requirements. :?

Horray Good for you for supporting your local vets. I have never seen a poor one yet.

However not everyone lives near to their vets and sometimes it is far cheaper and faster to have things delivered, and also not all vets are happy to order stuff, it all depends on their profit margin whether it is worthwhile for them to do it or not.

Guest don't know

I ordered something from Republic a few days ago. Im obviously not expecting to receive it instantly but i have received an email to say it has been dispatched using HDNL (Home Delivery Network), and i was just wondering if anybody knows who delivers for this courier in Shetland?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, the 'supporting local vets issue' aside, I order my 'prescription diet' cat food online, as well as the monthly worm/flea treatments etc. The vet markups on prescription food - which isn't prescription only at all - is usually a lot, and the bigger sacks are a little large to carry on the bus :wink:

The place I use is Bestpet Pharmacy, which as its name suggests does do prescription items as well, you just have to print off the prescription and give it to the vet - if they charge you for this, BestPet will give you £5 towards it.

Anyway, cost of small prescription items is free, orders over £60 are also free, which covers the 2 bags of cat food for me :D I placed my first order since coming to Shetland a couple of weeks or so ago, and yes it was delivered here by FedEx/Streamline. It was a bit late, but I didn't know if it was due to the fewer ferries and snow...

Date / Time Activity Location Items

03/02/2010 N/A Delivered Orkneys & Shetland 1

29/01/2010 13:10 Out For Delivery Orkneys & Shetland 1

12:58 Items Tracked Aberdeen 1

05:46 Orkneys & Shetland 1

28/01/2010 23:48 Items Tracked Parkhouse Central Hub 1

15:09 Consignment data received Edinburgh 1

If you read that from the bottom up, it went to Shetland and then back to Aberdeen? Not quite sure what happened there? Anyway I was pretty impressed I can still get the cat food and stuff delivered here, and still free!

Would definitely recommend them. Oh yeah the webby, nearly forgot! :shock:

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/

BTW I think that N A Kays Horticultural has gone out of business... site no longer works and Google has a few pages saying they have gone out of business... mods might want to update the first post.

[mod note - done ;)]

• 3 weeks later...

Just feel like a rant about parcelforce. It's royal mail right, so you'd expect them to be able to deliver as quickly as regular mail, but oh no, a 48hr service is going to take 96! If the orginal sender had paid a little less postage for regular post I'd have got it yesterday!

Just feel like a rant about parcelforce. It's royal mail right, so you'd expect them to be able to deliver as quickly as regular mail, but oh no, a 48hr service is going to take 96! If the orginal sender had paid a little less postage for regular post I'd have got it yesterday!

I know how you feel. Weird how Parcelforce deliveries are via the ferry but Royal Mail are flown in yet PF costs more.

probabily that parcel force deals with the bigger and heavier parcels. we have had some really big and heavy stuff that you would not want to be paying the airfreight cost on.

we used to ebay violins and it was cheaper to get them delivered to us from the west coast of the usa than for us to send one a few miles. it usually arrived within 4 days from the usa.

:lol: Just been quoted £200+ for the delivery of a canoe to shetland, don't know the courier the compay planned to use :lol:

Even better they could forward to Inverness for £75, don't think they know where Shetland is or how to get here :roll:

I'm up in 6 weeks, give me £100 and I'll follow the boat up.