Standup@Sound

soljey

Well, we're maybe not Dylan Moran. I, too, didn't manage to get a ticketg to see him - who did?? Although, I did bump into him in Edinburgh a few weeks later.

But there's six of us, who have been doing an evening class in stand-up comedy will be graduating on Friday, 21st November. We have to perform 3-5 minutes each to the public. Should be fun. But we need all the support we can get. Come along to the Sound Hall at 8-8.30pm. :D

Article on Stand Up @ Sound

I'm very much looking forward to Friday (doors open at 8pm - Tickets £7 from Shetland Box Office - 01595 745555), and there are plans to make local stand up nights a regular occurrence, as well as having locals support visiting comedians. There's certainly plenty of comical types around Shetland!

Any suggestions folks?

I think it's great - well done to all involved. All that's putting me off going is the thought of a 70 mile round trip on what might be a snowy night. > But very interesting, and hope it develops further with visiting comedians, as someone has already mentioned. Laughter's a great medicine!!

Good luck to the 'graduates' or should that be 'break a leg'. ;)

Sold out?? That's brilliant.

I don't think it at all brilliant. It is just inconvenient for people who intended to attend (like myself) who now discover they can't due to it not actually being Sound Hall but rather the small Baila room.