Shetland Pool Association

Siffy

would there be a big demand for a proper pool hall in lerwick?

Maybe, the legion has a pool hall.

It all comes down to your outlay (premises, business rates), and how many people you'd need playing per day to make it work / turn a reasonable profit, and if you could secure the support of the pool association for finals or cups that would help.

A bar license may be hard to get and would limit the age group. Plus alcohol and pool tables don't mix with the damage caused by drunkenness and spillage! So perhaps also aiming it at families might set you apart, and having other things like arcade machines, air hockey etc. could widen appeal.

agree in sort. tables in the legion aint that good from what i remember. dont play there much but it would basically be like the anglin club only in town. you would ideally need a few teams also playing from the club and at least 100 adult members. cup games would be a great help also

• 6 months later...

The pool association AGM is usually held in the first full week of August. The actual date has not been finalised for this year yet but keep an eye on the Shetland times as well as the SPA website. The AGM is always advertised during the 2 weeks immediately preceding it, so keep an eye out at the end of this month. I will try to remember to put it on here as soon as it's finalised but, like siffy, I out in a lot of work for SPA on top of the day job and everything else so it may slip my mind since I'm not yet in the habit of commenting on this site. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Captain’s Meeting

Thursday 16th AUGUST 2012

At the Lerwick branch of the BRITISH LEGION

8pm prompt

Please ensure ALL teams for the 2012-13 season are represented.

AGM

Thursday 23rd AUGUST 2012

At the Lerwick branch of the BRITISH LEGION

8pm prompt

Please ensure ALL teams for the 2012-13 season are represented.

N.B. Teams not registered by the AGM will be excluded from the 2012-13 season with no exceptions.

The association website is now www.shetland-blackball.co.uk