Should I buy up here or south?

Peerie Tr00ker

Swings and roundabouts really.

Do you want good quality?

Do you want a bargain?

Do you believe you get what you pay for?

Do you want second-hand?

Do you want good customer service and after-sales?

Do you want to preserve your local shops and support them?

Do you mind paying a bit more for that privilege?

Oooh decisions, decisions.......

Back to you! :shock:

Best price I found for a dining table & chairs was at Lerwick discount store which is next to the job centre. tel 01595 695300.

I found some slightly cheaper on the main land but was quoted £124 for delivery by the supplier and delivery of up to a month.

The table that I got from the discount store was delivered the same day.

I have to agree with the above about the Lerwick Discount store Brilliant Prices and superb service Free delivery within 6 miles and it was in place and built within minutes :)

As for electricals thats a gamble I bought all new appliances from hydro washing machine broke down after 6 mths and i have been waiting about 6 wks for a part :( Due to there not being a hotpoint person up here working within hydro, it gets put to another company who also has their own customers to deal with so I think you get put to the end of the line!!

Will probably be another couple of weeks till I get it fixed so back to being a washing woman on the buses up to my folks till then!

So what ever you do find out what the procedures are for getting stuff fixed! Avoid blinkin Hotpoint but i hate to say it Hydro or appliance rescue are the cheapest places!!

Hi, I got my AEG washing machine from the Hydro online as it was about £100 cheaper than in the shop!! When I asked if the store would price match it was a definate no, so they lost out on business. However I had to manage without a machine for about a week, but that was ok. I have had it for several years with no bother and warranty has now expired. needed a small repair recently, so got Sean at Appliance Rescue to repair. He is very good and seems to charge reasonably.

I was in Tesco today and noticed they had some large screen TV's, not sure of the make or price.

I would always do an internet search for the best prices and see if you can speak to the stores directly as you may be able to negotiate on delivery cost etc. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get anywhere. John lewis do not charge for delivery to Shetland and I see that M&S are doing electrical goods now.

HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

As for electricals thats a gamble I bought all new appliances from hydro washing machine broke down after 6 mths and i have been waiting about 6 wks for a part :(

I'll never get another HotPoint either. It took over 6 months to get my machine fixed the first time, and then required three more visits to get it fixed properly - each time requiring a new part/substantial wait. Perhaps though, it was my punishment for buying it from John Lewis.

Picture quality varies so much with flat screen tv's

it's not like the old crt's where there was very little difference

I would recommend trying to compare tv's in local shops before buying

(you don't have to buy it from them, unless the price is right)

The Sony Bravia's in tesco (they were at christmas anyway) are recommended by the gadget show ;)